The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

'99 4g63 & 4g64 crankwalk

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evileclipse98

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 14, 2009
Lake Village, Arkansas
Did mitsu fix the crankwalk issue in 1999 eclipse gst & gsx models with the 4g63? Everyone I talk to says that they have a 99 so they aren't worried. Also, will the entire 4g64 engine bolt in to a gst/gsx chassis? Thanks.

Just rebuild the engine RIGHT or do a 6 bolt swap. I have been working on dsm's for 12 years and NEVER had one car crank walk. Its ALL hyped up bullshit in my opinion. Most of the Crankwalk stories are Internet myths. Really its just some dude that spun a rod bearing and he blames it on crankwalk cause some guy on a honda forum said all mitsubishi's crankwalk.

It's Just like the "all DSM's break down constantly" Myth. I think that there is just TOO many HACKS out there doing HACK jobs on their poor dsm. If you do a Hack Job you get Hack results. I know 3 DSMers that Run NO airfilter....just a screen over the turbo for daily driving at 30psi....This type of abuse would KILL ANY car.

DON'T BE A HACK and you'll be all good. :cool:

i would have to disagree with you just a little bit. if you can move the crank back and forth almost a 1/4 inch, and when you pull the engine apart to see that there is hardly any thrust bearing left, i seen that it was crank-walk

Well, if I do keep the car, I must change the tranny to a manual. I can't stand autos in 4 cylinders. I know all the stuff on how they can be faster and all, but I don't care. Gotta rip gears!

how do you start a thread about the engine with c.w, and then end it by telling us that IF you keep it , you have to switch to manual to BANG gears? you are nuts, but funny:)

i would have to disagree with you just a little bit. if you can move the crank back and forth almost a 1/4 inch, and when you pull the engine apart to see that there is hardly any thrust bearing left, i seen that it was crank-walk

Im not saying it's NEVER happened. I'm just saying it has never happened to me...and I think a Lot of people assume any problem they have with a DSM is crankwalk. Its Like if their car is ticking they instantly throw their hands up and say..."godamn crankwalkin Mitsu" and then they sell it.

Im by NO means saying crankwalk doesn't exist. I just think its a Little over exaggerated.

Im not saying it's NEVER happened. I'm just saying it has never happened to me...and I think a Lot of people assume any problem they have with a DSM is crankwalk. Its Like if their car is ticking they instantly throw their hands up and say..."godamn crankwalkin Mitsu" and then they sell it.

Im by NO means saying crankwalk doesn't exist. I just think its a Little over exaggerated.

i totally understand:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back