1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

99 ECLIPSE, GS, tenth Anniversary Edition

Posted by d3solate, Mar 22, 2005

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. d3solate

d3solate Proven Member

Joined Feb 23, 2005
    san francisco, California
    hey i recently just remeber that Eclipse had this wierd GS anniversary edition made in 99. i have no clue what in the car except that it has OZ rims and leather. Have you guys ever seen or heard of this eclipse. i know it exist but i rarely see them or hear of them. although it has the basic GS title i assume it has to have more benefits since it is the "tenth anniversay edition". Do you guys have any idea of the cars specs, i couldnt find any on msn autos (hehe its a site that gives basic info :rolleyes: ) Is this car like the GS-T and GSX (leather with 210 HP japanese engine) or is it just like a N/T Dsm (140 HP american engine) with leather? have any clues if its FWD or AWD or even RWD ? OMG . its just wierd that althought it part of the Dsm family the car is rarely talked about even for a N/T. thanks you guys :thumb:

2. mysticfire6602

mysticfire6602 Proven Member

Joined Dec 23, 2004
    Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
    im guessing you are talking abour the 99 GS OZ rally edition, it had some OZ wheels and a turbo look

3. d3solate

d3solate Proven Member

Joined Feb 23, 2005
    yaho for sum reason i tried to rember it the rally edition but my mnd just blanked out thanks for sprking it up again.

4. herovueboi

herovueboi Proven Member

Joined Dec 8, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
    Yeah, I think its the OZ Edition one. It's pretty much a GS with opitions of different alloys, the Eclipse Turbo spoiler with the 420A neon motor. I'd prefer the look of the GSX though, it has much better rims. Yes it is a non-turbo and if you get in a turbo one, you'll feel a night and day difference.

5. c5chris

c5chris Proven Member

Joined Jan 7, 2003
    SoCal, California
    It's just a GS with a "turbo look" package - spoiler, OZ rims and white faced gauges. Nothing special about it.

645  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    · 2G DSM
  6. FreStylMotoX01

FreStylMotoX01 Proven Member

Joined May 20, 2004
    Chester, Vermont
    I have one. nothing huge, comes with the turbo wing, White faced gauges, two tone leather interior, OZ rims, some have badges some didn't and maybe one or two other things. but it is basically just a loaded GS but saves you from having to buy the turbo wing and have it painted.

-Jon

7. TooFastTooG

TooFastTooG Proven Member

Joined May 12, 2004
    Plainfield, Illinois
    You can get every option that the Gst/Gsx offered except the 4g63 Turbo engine with the OZ Edition 10th Anniversery.....

8. tstkl

tstkl Proven Member

Joined Feb 10, 2005
    east bay, California
    im guessing thats every option except awd,...

9. dave99gst

dave99gst DSM Wiseman

Joined Sep 8, 2002
    plymouth, Michigan
    It also has white faced gauges.

10. D_Eclipse9916

D_Eclipse9916 Proven Member

Joined Mar 4, 2004
    Vienna, Virginia
    I have one parked next to my gsx. The oz edition is definitely the way to go if you want to pick up chicks and enjoy luxury. Its nice, definitel not a true sports car but you can beat most hondas LOL. OZ package had moonroof, leather (I have all black), turbo wing, oz f1 rims, upgraded sound system, white-faced gauges.

Edit: Forgot to mention its nice BUT GET A GSX, you wnt regret it. I never drive my OZ edition since ive gotten the gsx, I should sell it cuz I owe my parents 10 grand OMG

11. d3solate

d3solate Proven Member

Joined Feb 23, 2005
    haha from what im hearing the OZ edition is just a look alike of the GSX, a bad imitation but still able to "beat most hondas" *teardrop of proudness* :cry: is it worth getting :notgood: GSX/GS-T all the way :thumb:

12. D_Eclipse9916

D_Eclipse9916 Proven Member

Joined Mar 4, 2004
    Vienna, Virginia
    I have both. When my gsx is down I can use the old reliable nt :D . Thats ownage for ya. ROFL

13. OZRallyEdition

OZRallyEdition Probationary Member

Joined Nov 27, 2013
    Yuba city, California
    I own one all it has is oz rally rims, leather enterior, special edition sticker on the fenders, and the high rise spoiler from turbo models. Not to special.

14. 99GS_Turbo

99GS_Turbo Proven Member

Joined Dec 1, 2012
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Talk about bringing a thread back from the dead...

With that said I owned one of these when it first came out. I ended up putting a star stage 2 turbo kit on it and then sold it for a GSX with a little cash on top.

As mentioned above it looks just like a 2gb turbo model with the oz wheels, but I'm sure most ppl know this already
    [​IMG]

15. simplejoe

simplejoe Proven Member

Joined Feb 6, 2013
    Ford City, Pennsylvania
    I bought one back in 2000. It was a nice ride, but with the 420 motor it was a slug. I ended up selling it when fast and furious came out and never looked back.

Street Build 2K  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  16. AlpineStar94

AlpineStar94 Probationary Member

Joined May 12, 2016
    Oxford, Mississippi
    Old thread, but didn't want to start a new one. I just bought a black 1999 GS-T. 125,XXX miles on it. It has a black/tan leather interior, white gauge faces, and a thin gold pinstripe with a badge under each mirror that says 10th anniversary edition. The only info I can find on this is that this should be a GS with a 420A. Mine has the 4G63. It does not have OZ rims, but chrome 5 spoke Mitsubishi rims. It does have the high rise spoiler. So I'm wondering if somebody slapped the badges on the sides or if this is any sort of a rarity? I'm new here and kind of a noob with DSMs. Thanks

17. PlanZero

PlanZero Proven Member

Joined Aug 13, 2013
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    The only official anniversary edition was the 420 with 16" oz wheels. I'm pretty sure all 99s had white gauge faces. Do you have pics of these badges? Its unlikely someone did the total PITA conversion from a 420a to 4g63

Street Build 4K  8

1996 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM

Street Build 2K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    automatic · 2G DSM
  18. AlpineStar94

Joined May 12, 2016
    Oxford, Mississippi
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

19. AlpineStar94

Joined May 12, 2016
    Oxford, Mississippi
    That's what I'm thinking. But wanted to know for sure. Love this car regardless

20. totaleclipse_05

totaleclipse_05 Proven Member

Joined Apr 22, 2005
    Hutchinson, Minnesota
    No idea if those stickers are factory, this is the first time I've ever seen those. Post #13 in this thread, OZRallyEdition did state his had stickers on the fenders though. Can anyone else confirm?

I guess maybe someone could have swapped the fenders onto your car at some point in it's life?

Street Build 990  0

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  21. AlpineStar94

Joined May 12, 2016
    Oxford, Mississippi
    Maybe. I had my hopes up though Couldn't find anything on google or here.

22. MindBlowin03

MindBlowin03 Proven Member

Joined Apr 11, 2002
    Peckville, Pennsylvania
    Those decals were from the '99 n/t only. You have the correct GS-T wheels(chrome). The regular n/t would have had the same style wheel in the silver finish. The 10th anniversary edition would have had the OZ wheels.

2K  5

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

3K  9

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    565 whp · 524 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  23. AlpineStar94

Joined May 12, 2016
    Oxford, Mississippi
    Got it. Thank y'all