The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

99 ECLIPSE, GS, tenth Anniversary Edition

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d3solate

Probationary Member
Feb 23, 2005
san francisco, California
hey i recently just remeber that Eclipse had this wierd GS anniversary edition made in 99. i have no clue what in the car except that it has OZ rims and leather. Have you guys ever seen or heard of this eclipse. i know it exist but i rarely see them or hear of them. although it has the basic GS title i assume it has to have more benefits since it is the "tenth anniversay edition". Do you guys have any idea of the cars specs, i couldnt find any on msn autos (hehe its a site that gives basic info :rolleyes: ) Is this car like the GS-T and GSX (leather with 210 HP japanese engine) or is it just like a N/T Dsm (140 HP american engine) with leather? have any clues if its FWD or AWD or even RWD ? OMG . its just wierd that althought it part of the Dsm family the car is rarely talked about even for a N/T. thanks you guys :thumb:

im guessing you are talking abour the 99 GS OZ rally edition, it had some OZ wheels and a turbo look

yaho for sum reason i tried to rember it the rally edition but my mnd just blanked out thanks for sprking it up again.

Yeah, I think its the OZ Edition one. It's pretty much a GS with opitions of different alloys, the Eclipse Turbo spoiler with the 420A neon motor. I'd prefer the look of the GSX though, it has much better rims. Yes it is a non-turbo and if you get in a turbo one, you'll feel a night and day difference.

I have one. nothing huge, comes with the turbo wing, White faced gauges, two tone leather interior, OZ rims, some have badges some didn't and maybe one or two other things. but it is basically just a loaded GS but saves you from having to buy the turbo wing and have it painted.

-Jon

You can get every option that the Gst/Gsx offered except the 4g63 Turbo engine with the OZ Edition 10th Anniversery.....

I have one parked next to my gsx. The oz edition is definitely the way to go if you want to pick up chicks and enjoy luxury. Its nice, definitel not a true sports car but you can beat most hondas LOL. OZ package had moonroof, leather (I have all black), turbo wing, oz f1 rims, upgraded sound system, white-faced gauges.

Edit: Forgot to mention its nice BUT GET A GSX, you wnt regret it. I never drive my OZ edition since ive gotten the gsx, I should sell it cuz I owe my parents 10 grand OMG

haha from what im hearing the OZ edition is just a look alike of the GSX, a bad imitation but still able to "beat most hondas" *teardrop of proudness* :cry: is it worth getting :notgood: GSX/GS-T all the way :thumb:

I own one all it has is oz rally rims, leather enterior, special edition sticker on the fenders, and the high rise spoiler from turbo models. Not to special.

Talk about bringing a thread back from the dead...

With that said I owned one of these when it first came out. I ended up putting a star stage 2 turbo kit on it and then sold it for a GSX with a little cash on top.

As mentioned above it looks just like a 2gb turbo model with the oz wheels, but I'm sure most ppl know this already
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I bought one back in 2000. It was a nice ride, but with the 420 motor it was a slug. I ended up selling it when fast and furious came out and never looked back.

Old thread, but didn't want to start a new one. I just bought a black 1999 GS-T. 125,XXX miles on it. It has a black/tan leather interior, white gauge faces, and a thin gold pinstripe with a badge under each mirror that says 10th anniversary edition. The only info I can find on this is that this should be a GS with a 420A. Mine has the 4G63. It does not have OZ rims, but chrome 5 spoke Mitsubishi rims. It does have the high rise spoiler. So I'm wondering if somebody slapped the badges on the sides or if this is any sort of a rarity? I'm new here and kind of a noob with DSMs. Thanks

Old thread, but didn't want to start a new one. I just bought a black 1999 GS-T. 125,XXX miles on it. It has a black/tan leather interior, white gauge faces, and a thin gold pinstripe with a badge under each mirror that says 10th anniversary edition. The only info I can find on this is that this should be a GS with a 420A. Mine has the 4G63. It does not have OZ rims, but chrome 5 spoke Mitsubishi rims. It does have the high rise spoiler. So I'm wondering if somebody slapped the badges on the sides or if this is any sort of a rarity? I'm new here and kind of a noob with DSMs. Thanks
The only official anniversary edition was the 420 with 16" oz wheels. I'm pretty sure all 99s had white gauge faces. Do you have pics of these badges? Its unlikely someone did the total PITA conversion from a 420a to 4g63

The only official anniversary edition was the 420 with 16" oz wheels. I'm pretty sure all 99s had white gauge faces. Do you have pics of these badges? Its unlikely someone did the total PITA conversion from a 420a to 4g63

That's what I'm thinking. But wanted to know for sure. Love this car regardless

No idea if those stickers are factory, this is the first time I've ever seen those. Post #13 in this thread, OZRallyEdition did state his had stickers on the fenders though. Can anyone else confirm?

I guess maybe someone could have swapped the fenders onto your car at some point in it's life?

No idea if those stickers are factory, this is the first time I've ever seen those. Post #13 in this thread, OZRallyEdition did state his had stickers on the fenders though. Can anyone else confirm?

I guess maybe someone could have swapped the fenders onto your car at some point in it's life?

Maybe. I had my hopes up though Couldn't find anything on google or here.

Those decals were from the '99 n/t only. You have the correct GS-T wheels(chrome). The regular n/t would have had the same style wheel in the silver finish. The 10th anniversary edition would have had the OZ wheels.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back