The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

95 gst build update 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95weclipse

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 26, 2009
LaSalle, Illinois
alright so i havent posted in awhile i got some more pics i have been helping a friend on here (dsm4lyfe12) with his 93 talon so i am posting on here about mine now LOL
right now

the rebuild kit
i had to get new rods and crank and had to have one rod machined round again then had all the pistons put on the rods, i got the crank in the rods in the oil pump on the balance shafts removed got the water pump on the rear main seal and case put on had to drill and tap every one of the oil pan bolt holes except the ones on the oil pan because the guy must of had an oil pan leak and tryed tightening all of the bolts and striped them, i bought all new SS valves swirled polished with revised lifters i have gotten two intakes in today with the new valve stem seals i need to get a turbo now due to the 14b i was going to use had oil leaking out of the exhaust side, i started porting the O2 housing i have the head ported and polished already i also have the exhaust mani
my friend gave me a ijen inner cooler front mount not going to use it right away dont know on my turbo yet or nor do i have the pipes i need to get this car done like asap though

View attachment 2758

View attachment 2759

View attachment 2760

View attachment 2761

View attachment 2762

View attachment 2763

Those valve seats look like shit to be honest. The deck surface doesnt look that good either. Just being honest.

Yea, the surface of your head looks like someone took a rolock wheel and just polished it..I'm curious as to what machine he used to resurface your head..WTF

i didnt have the head surfaced i just rolock wheeled it i am useing an oem gasket so itll seal fine i am not worried about it
why does my valve seat look like shit?

i lapped the shit outa them and poured rubbing alcohol in the runner and it didnt leak one bit stayed dry for over an hour and half so that tells me its a good seal

Great if it works. But it looks like shit. Guess thats the mentality of a dsmer. But the reason they have 3, 5 and radius valve jobs is to get rid of the jaggedness of the valve seat. Yours is the epitome of jaggedness. Not trying to be mean but its the way it is.

well if you would read my other posts or the end of this one i need to get this car done asap and i cant afford much more right now i have NO JOB what so ever and i have no money so

and the whole reason for 3 and 5 angle valve jobs is to make as few bends as possible and make it round as possible for air to go in easier and which is for a racing engine when you get into flow benching and what not i am running just a street car to get me back and fourth to work when i get a job and when i get a job iam looking into a gsx to build

get a beater a cheap to drive to and from work, if you half ass it just to get it on the road faster it could lead to problems later, just do it right bro hope all turns out the best for you

Well I shouldn't have any problems I don't see why I would I haven't had problems with my head jobs before so I don't see why this would be any different and the whole reason behind getting it together is because I cant afford another car

95TSi_AWD_717;bt11466 said:
get a beater a cheap to drive to and from work, if you half ass it just to get it on the road faster it could lead to problems later, just do it right bro hope all turns out the best for you
Read his posts, HE HAS NO MONEY, OR JOB..:rolleyes:

I agree it looks like someone took an angle grinder to your head: although i know what it's like to be down and out, but when thats the case, building a stock reliable car seems to be a better idea.

Good work man, keep up the build! Don't worry about your valve seats and the stuff everyone else is mentioning. For what you're wanting, you're on the right track. Also, you should be pleased with yourself that you're doing the majority or the work yourself and not sending it off to a shop to have the simplest things done like some people do. But just a heads up, be sure you use proper punctuation when and all. You're main post didn't have a single period in it, and was one looooong run on sentence LOL. Great job though man!

Nice job man and sorry to hear you live around the Peru area. Haha there isn't nothing but cow farts out that way! Keep up the build and good luck.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back