The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

93 turbo harness on a 91 na motor/ecu?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

87dsmer

Probationary Member
Feb 5, 2020
Beechgrove, Tennessee
My daily 1.8 finally died and I'm looking for a fast solution to get back on the road. I have a 6 bolt 4g63 na motor from an auto parts car pulled out already but the only flywheel I have is from my awd project car that still needs pistons, handwork, and fmic. Could I drop the na motor into the awd and just swap ecu's? Bottom line is I now have 3 1gs in the driveway and cant drive any of them looking for the fastest most logical way back on the road

I have a 6 bolt 4g63 na motor from an auto parts car pulled out already but the only flywheel I have is from my awd project car that still needs pistons, handwork, and fmic. Could I drop the na motor into the awd and just swap ecu's?... looking for the fastest most logical way back on the road
Yes, this should be possible. Trouble usually arises when you go the other way around, trying to put a turbo engine into a N/A car with N/A harness. Having the wires there isn't going to hurt anything when there's no sensors the ECU is looking at for feedback in order to run. The manual transmission obviously doesn't care whether the engine is N/A or not. Use the AWD flywheel with the AWD transmission and a turbo clutch and pressure plate. You'll need an injector resistor pack delete in order to use the N/A injectors and may want to swap in the N/A fuel pressure regulator as well. Aside from that, you should be good to go with the N/A ECU.

Yes, this should be possible. Trouble usually arises when you go the other way around, trying to put a turbo engine into a N/A car with N/A harness. Having the wires there isn't going to hurt anything when there's no sensors the ECU is looking at for feedback in order to run. The manual transmission obviously doesn't care whether the engine is N/A or not. Use the AWD flywheel with the AWD transmission and a turbo clutch and pressure plate. You'll need an injector resistor pack delete in order to use the N/A injectors and may want to swap in the N/A fuel pressure regulator as well. Aside from that, you should be good to go with the N/A ECU.

Good to know I could do it that way but after agonizing searching and planning I eventually found a reasonably priced flywheel and clutch combo so everything can go in the Talon DL next weekend and I can move forward with actually building the tsi

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back