The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

8.8 @ 165mph 2G AWD Gas Record

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gastroker

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
Atlanta, Georgia
Ok, so yesterday was a good day. I took first place for Fastest Car at the NC/SC Shootout. And I also got a new personal best and a little Record under the belt. The car has a lot more left in it. My 60 ft wasn't that great and I actually hit boost cut right around the 1/8th mile.

I honestly think the car will go 8.4's or 8.3's as it sits. Just tweaking the tune and suspension.

This is gonna seem cheesy, but I have to do a thank you list for all the people that have stuck with me through all the troubles and kept pushing me to do better.

Doug @ Topspeed - he's the first person to get my car running back in '05 when I built my motor and had just installed AEM in my driveway in (ghetto)Riverdale. This man drove to my house from (not Ghetto)Alpharetta, not knowing who I was, and got my shit running. It's been a great partnership ever since. BIG Thanks for all you've done for me and for making the trek out to NC with me yesterday (on your daughter's bday no less) and sprinkling the Topspeed fairy dust on the tune to make it happen.

Colleen - for putting up with me and staying with me. And being a very supportive girlfriend. You are too good to me and I couldn't do it without you.

Kevin Kiggly - For all the advise and random phone calls you would take from me when I couldn't figure something out. You've been a great help!

Dustin S (Creekside Boys): Dude, you've been one of the biggest supporters for me and a truly great friend. Thank you so much for helping me with ideas, building shit, borrowing shit (your tires just went 8's homie LOL), fixing shit, etc...Your car WILL be a priority this next season and you WILL be beside me at the track next season!!!

Ron Shearer - you're my boy and you've helped me out several times and you are also a great supporter and a good friend. it means a lot when you come all the way down from Ohio, just to watch me break, and then still associate yourself with me the next day! Thanx brother!

Turbo Dave - for keeping me safe with the new cage. We will be doing a lot more business together. GOt some good ideas for the winter.

Everyone at GADSM & NABR who's watched me go from a broken car for many years to where I'm at today and always stood behind me.

**Edit** Chris Durr - I totally forgot, even after we talked about it on the way home last night. Thanks for always coming out and helping with everything. You've been a great friend and supporter and always there to help a brother out.

If I left anyone out, please don't take it personal. I will come back and edit it. I'm a bit loopy from lack of sleep over this past weekend.

So, here's the video and some pics....enjoy

I will post up all the pics from the whole event once Colleen uplaods them to kodak gallery

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Holy Shat! What setup are you running? What stroker?

Not that I need to tell you again but this is by FAR my favorite 2g of all time!

Nasty, in a completely good way. I'm very impressed.

Gas, like pump?

No, as in gasoline-based -- not alcohol based.

I believe Mike is using VP Q16 or VP Import.

2G AWD records are Marco as #1 on Methanol (8.73), and Mike is #1 on Gasoline-based fuel (8.8x).
2G RWD records are Brent as #1 on Methanol (6.97), and Dave B. as #1 on Gasoline-based fuel (7.81).

I believe that Andrew Kisner is #2 for 2G AWD on gas, with an ET around 9.3x., then #3 is Scott Preibe with his old 2G AWD with an ET of 9.55,before he converted to the Evo 1 chassis.

Congratulations Mike on the great time! I wish I could get my car down the track as fast as yours! The car looks freaking awesome doing it too! Now one of the top 20 fastest 4G63-powered vehicles, and one of the top 10 AWD 4G63-powered vehicles!

Is this still on the S400SX3 74mm? If so, DAMN GOOD TIMES!

Best of luck for the 2010 season! Hopefully, I won't be too far behind you!

See you around,

Congrats again...in your 9.2 post I said that 8's are not to far away and it was actually only a couple days from my post, haha

Great job dude!

Mike you Rock!:rocks: It was great to have you come up our shootout this year, and take the win, and break the record. LOL It was an honor finally meet you and give you the 1st place trophy. Congrats, because it was well deserved.

Can wait to see what she does next year.

grats on the quick times and you have a nice looking car there too

jjrock - no stroker anymore. I went back to a 2.0. But, cant change my name now :)
twicks69 is correct - gas as in I run VP Import, and getting sooo close to Marco. I really think I could have done it yesterday if I'd made one more pass, but that's nothing but talk so...next year
Adam - it was great to meet you too. The event turned out really well. Lots of good times and cool people. I can't wait for the next one!

Thanks for all the compliments guys. It means alot to have people appreciate what you've worked so hard on for so many years. I've owned this car for 10 years. It used to be my only vehicle and my DD for about 6 yrs. I just kept adding on and evolving. It was never a "hey I want to build a project drag car" Its just my car that ended up being a drag car. I can't wait till 2010, I want to go racing next week if I could.

Beauty time. Congrats! And as you said, check that launch. Definitely got better times than that in her.

And +2 for rockin' the 2g :hellyeah:

MB

that's really awesome.

I'm pretty sure I saw your car back in 2007 at some track in Georgia. Can't remember the name of the track but I was there for the 300zx Nationals meet.
I talked to you very briefly.

Anyways awesome to see the car running these times now, congrats! :)

I am jealous. Good job!!

Doug E

Oh noes! the 2Gs are catchin up!!

Beautiful car bro and congrats!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back