The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G 7 bolt oil pump cover on a 6 bolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexGsxCummins

Proven Member
May 31, 2014
Bremerton, Washington
So i got a motor from a guy that he has yet to start. I checked the timing and it seems like a 7 bolt oil pump cover is on it because it has the timing mark for the crank behind the tensioner. Am I stuck with ordering a new 6 bolt cover?

Here you go

Attachments

• 15933892892487130559037931402518.jpg
    15933892892487130559037931402518.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 168
That’s a sonata oil pump which has the crank sensor provision and it bolts on to the 6 bolt block, But for sure, that’s not a 7 bolt oil pump.
The 7 bolt has a curve at the lower section of the case.

Edit it’s not a sonata front case, It’s a mighty max front case. I just clearing up my mistake for future miss leading.

Last edited:
Or use a 7 bolt timing gear backing plate on it. That should indicate it for the correct side, or at least close to it.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back