The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

6266 Build or Bust

TK's9d2TSi

Supporting Member
Sep 11, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
No shit? I wonder if that's the knocking sound my engine makes some times. I've never clearanced anything on my spectre oil pan. It sounds like it's coming from that spot too.
You had to of. The pan bolts won’t line up

1990TSIAWDTALON

Nov 14, 2013
Independence, Kansas
Actually it was on the rear main side, it isn’t off much but it just sucks taking a hammer to a brand new oil paIn
I posted up an article about those 2 back ARP studs quite a while ago. I used the edge of a big jack handle and a BFH to "dimple" the pan in 2 areas. If you ever think you may go auto, you should clearance the rear main housing a little bit also so it is already done.

1990TSIAWDTALON

Nov 14, 2013
Independence, Kansas
Are the Spectra and Cardone pans the same? I was thinking they were but I say it is GOOD if you didn't have to mod the thing. I hated beating on my new pan too!

1cleangsx

Proven Member
Sep 28, 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Hey guys, just posting another lame update, I’ve been so busy lately I haven’t gotten much done on the car yet, but I have received some pretty cool parts over the last couple weeks.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
I’ll start with my favorite:D Gen 2 6266 .82ar V band from ocd works with their signature “t51r” mod!
this thing is BEAUTIFUL.

1cleangsx

Proven Member
Sep 28, 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I got a lot of different parts from stmtuned such as my TIAL wastegate/bov, Morroso battery box/rewire kit etc etc..
these jmf “billet”fluid caps are pretty sweet!
They sent me a red fuel rail instead of the black one but it’s okay, it’s very nice piece and I think it still works in the engine bay:rocks:

streetraceboi

Sep 4, 2002
San Antonio, Texas
Hey guys, just posting another lame update, I’ve been so busy lately I haven’t gotten much done on the car yet, but I have received some pretty cool parts over the last couple weeks.
I’ll start with my favorite:D Gen 2 6266 .82ar V band from ocd works with their signature “t51r” mod!
this thing is BEAUTIFUL.
Sorry for being a newb...but what are the benefits of the T51R mod?

1cleangsx

Proven Member
Sep 28, 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Damn, those are some nice parts for sure. I forget what you're doing for exhaust how parts?
Hey Vegas, I’m still in need of hot parts for this turbo, I purchased a Vband manifold from stmtuned I’m still waiting on, I don’t think they make 1g hot parts, Morrison fab has a 20 week wait, I might try archerfab? I did however pick up a nice full 3” vband exhaust from a fellow dsm’er down in commerce city who was running it with a Morrison/Xona set up, so whenever I get the hot parts they should mate up nice, I’ll post pics of that soon

Vegas Smith

Proven Member
Dec 2, 2002
Houston, Texas
Hey Vegas, I’m still in need of hot parts for this turbo, I purchased a Vband manifold from stmtuned I’m still waiting on, I don’t think they make 1g hot parts, Morrison fab has a 20 week wait, I might try archerfab? I did however pick up a nice full 3” vband exhaust from a fellow dsm’er down in commerce city who was running it with a Morrison/Xona set up, so whenever I get the hot parts they should mate up nice, I’ll post pics of that soon
I'm sure Archer fab does great. I've never heard complaints. MF is worth the wait though. A+ custom service and you know your stuff will be perfect. You're starting to get into forever-setups where you might not ever upgrade from the stuff you're getting so make sure it's perfect because you'll have it for while.

1cleangsx

Proven Member
Sep 28, 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
That’s the plan :thumb: I don’t plan upgrading anything beyond what I have, if anything I might step down to like s2’s or a 6062 if this set up is too nuts LOL

1cleangsx

Proven Member
Sep 28, 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Monday fun day! Got my EVO 3 conversion kit from Jacks, I bought this to simply have a back up 3rd/4th gear in the event these “HD” gears fail. I know it requires a customer supplied 3/4 hub/slider, but I was fortunate enough to pick up one of the six 3/4 hub/sliders Tim was selling a little while back.
Also got my Morrison Fab 12an drain! I’ll get this thing on as soon as get my manifold from stmtuned:rocks:

1cleangsx

Proven Member
Sep 28, 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I recall saying the same thing... then I went from a 6262 to a 6466, and after feeling the 6466 at 32-34 psi, my immediate reaction was " MORE, MORE, MORE, MORE"
I know I know LOL, that mentality is what put me where I’m at now with the car LOL. But I’m almost 39 years old with kids, and I’d like to think I can keep it in the middle of the road and enjoy this thing for a while as it is, I know constantly wanting more and more never really leads to true satisfaction, I think true satisfaction comes from being happy with what you have:)

TheRippedNerd

Proven Member
May 1, 2021
Denver, Colorado
I know I know LOL, that mentality is what put me where I’m at now with the car LOL. But I’m almost 39 years old with kids, and I’d like to think I can keep it in the middle of the road and enjoy this thing for a while as it is, I know constantly wanting more and more never really leads to true satisfaction, I think true satisfaction comes from being happy with what you have:)
contintment is the hardest thing in the world to find, not happiness, i agree with you full heartedly and im only 32 LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds