The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G 6 bolt swap clearance ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91dsm

Proven Member
Sep 12, 2014
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
Just finished dropping in my 6 bolt swap and I am trying to swap my 1g power steering pump with a 2g pump (something I forgot to do while the engine was out). For some reason I have almost no clearance between the timing side of my engine and the frame rail. So little that I cant even pull any of the belts out. Is this typical for a 6 bolt 2g swap or is something wrong here ? I really dont want to drop the engine or lift it to change it.

Normally have to turn them sideways to slip by the water pump pulley and to remove the a/c belt but they should come out. The a/c belt may need the engine slightly lifted if your having trouble with it. All should be able to be removed without pulling the engine. Remove the front mount at most.

Thanks guys. This is what I'm dealing with now. I can't get the water pump pulley out. I guess I'm going to have to loosen the mounts. I didn't have to do anything like this with my 7 bolt 2g.

Attachments

• 20190919_124326.jpg
    20190919_124326.jpg
    724 KB · Views: 70
If the mounts are original, they should have enough slop in them to allow the engine to be lifted without loosening any of the mounts to do what you need to do. If they are aftermarket (solid or urethane) mounts, it may be a different story.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back