The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 4th gear awd needle bearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauleyman

DSM Wiseman
Nov 19, 2011
oklahoma city, Oklahoma
I am in the middle of a 2g awd trans build. Its been years since I did one. There has been a design change to the input shaft and there is no oiling groove under the 4th gear needle sleeve. I had another shaft laying about for comparison and it has the groove. The shaft on the right in the pic is out of my 2g but it is not the original. I took apart another 2g shaft I had and its the same.
Comments? I thought it was very odd. You can see there is an oiling hole in the 2g shaft but the oiling hole in the pressed on sleeve will do nothing.
Comments please.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The one with the groove is an 89/90 input shaft.
I didnt look too hard but that's kind of what I thought. Looks like 4th gear just kinda gets leftovers from near the hub. Seems like sloppy design or accountants playing engineer.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back