The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

4G64 SOHC 8V Crank Trigger setup needed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Koch

Probationary Member
Apr 2, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Hello... Newbie here so I am posting in the newb section.

I have a 94 model Mighty Max with the SOHC 8-Valve 4g64. I am learning how to do custom setups and I want to make this engine work before I get into bigger more expensive things in the future.

I am needing a dampener with Crank trigger wheel built in or a bolt on trigger wheel that will work with the stock dampener already on the engine.

For those who are curious or want to know:
I have setup a Haltech Elite 550 in the truck. I have tried using the signals from the stock electronic distributor but am running in to a problem that I believe a crank trigger setup will fix. The problem Is that I can get number 1 and number 4 to spark fire at 0 and 360 degrees however 3 & 2 look like they are firing at 200+ degrees and 550+ degrees respectively. Thus I only have 2 cylinders firing correctly. I am no expert and this could be WAY wrong however the fact remains my engine will not run properly. I did set up a custom Single-Tooth-Home on the camshaft so I will have sequential control later.

Any thoughts, comments or questions welcome. I want to learn this the right way so I don't make expensive bangs in the future. Thanks in advance!

Kyle Koch

I am really sad that after 20+ days no one has chimed in. I was really hoping someone might have some knowledge they would share with me on this.

Please know that I did try searching for the answer before posting the question. I will admit though I am not the best at searching. I never know if I am using the correct search terms to try and find the information I am looking for.

Yes... this is a bump post however I really am looking forward to guidance on this. I do not want to buy expensive parts only to find out they wont work for my application and I lack a lot of knowledge necessary to modify parts correctly to make them work. I am learning as fast as I can but I do not have a budget that supports expensive screw ups.

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom!

Kyle Koch

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back