The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

420a turbo no fmu

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmking101

10+ Year Contributor
May 13, 2009
????, Utah
ok my bro turbod his 420a this is his login i havent bin able to get ahold of him so im going to ask you guys this question i have the same car as him a 99 420a almost done with turbo conversion only thing i think im missing is an 12:1 fmu or a fuel cut deffender........would i be able to drive the car and boost with out them or i need to install them.......if i do were would i find a good fmu or fcd thanks guys sorry for using his login this is the only resource i have at the moment...:pray: i have everything installed but these 2 things please help

^^He speaks the truth. You absolutely need the 12:1 FMU AND a FCD (Unless you have a 95, then you don't need the FCD). You also need an upgraded fuel pump (Walbro 255) if you don't already. It seems like overkill, but you need as much fuel pressure as you can get to keep up with the FMU.

ok do i really need a fcd to boost

Ha ha yes, if it's not a 95...otherwise you'll hit fuel cut. If you're that anxious you can go ahead and run it with just the FMU but it won't work too well.

Sorry for hijacking this thread,but out of curiosity why don't 95's need FCD

The 95 ECU has a slight variation in it that for some reason is ok for the MAP sensor to see boost.

The 95 ECU has a slight variation in it that for some reason is ok for the MAP sensor to see boost.

They actually used completely different ECU's. Later model 2G N/T DSM's used the SBEC-III ECU, whereas 95's and a few very early 96's used the FCC ECU.

Aren't the newer models bigger in size? I know when I had bought a spare ECU I got the newer ones and it was a big difference in size.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back