The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420A 420A idler pulley and tensioner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonnychance

Proven Member
Jul 2, 2017
Cashmere, Washington
Is this the correct part for my idler pulley, it keeps squealing when I fully lock the steering wheel.
For the 420a. Pic below.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I can’t comment as to wether or not that is the correct part, but if you wanna save a few bucks the bearing itself can be removed and replaced. Also, just to be clear, I’m talking about the bearing of the tensioner pulley for the power steering and air conditioning belt.

I can’t comment as to wether or not that is the correct part, but if you wanna save a few bucks the bearing itself can be removed and replaced. Also, just to be clear, I’m talking about the bearing of the tensioner pulley for the power steering and air conditioning belt.
With my discount it would be just over $29 so I may just do that.

“You got a link for the bearing?”

Courtesy of 2GNT.com

Price has gone up a bit over the years, but still a third of the price of the whole pulley.

Last edited:
Yeah after I changed the belt the pulley started doing that so

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back