The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

3rd/4th hub/slider What years came with big syncro?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM Storm

20+ Year Contributor
May 20, 2002
MassachusettsUS
Ok,

Im doing a tranny rebuild with some goodies here and there. This is really easy chit to do, however the hardest part is getting the correct parts from Mitsu :) I ordered a new 3rd/4th hub/slider assembly to go with my new parts. The problem I am encountering is that the new assembly comes with a smaller hub so that the syncros are smaller than my old set. Im curious as to what year trannys came with the big syncros vs the smaller set? I did go by production date. The car itself is a 1992 AWD with a production date of July of 1991 however I still recieved the wrong parts. Any help is appriciated.

Storm

Have you tried the Mitsubishi parts program?
Are you sure you the original tranny the came came with?
There is a serial number on the bellhousing, that may be helpful.

I have tried the parts program and taken quite a few part numbers to orchestrate this rebuild. I cannot be positive that this is the original tranny, however after dis-assembling another 92 tranny that a friend gave me the internals are the same. So going by the build date of July of 1991 only got me so far. This is the jam im in. Im hoping that someone that has taken these gearboxes apart and has seen the difference between the early and later models can tell me what I have and need to get.

Storm

Well, as an update, I disassembled the intermediate shaft because I had broken teeth and mine needed to be replaced. Upon dis-assembly I noticed that it came with the double syncro 2nd gearset. This tells me it is the better shifting 93/94 gearbox.

Storm

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back