The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

3" bolt on O2 housing??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's hard to find anything that is a true 3" right from the turbine outlet due to the bolt pattern of the o2 housing. If a 3" pipe is welded to the flange, there's not enough room to get anything but an Allen bolt between the pipe and the bolt hole to mount it.

It's hard to find anything that is a true 3" right from the turbine outlet due to the bolt pattern of the o2 housing. If a 3" pipe is welded to the flange, there's not enough room to get anything but an Allen bolt between the pipe and the bolt hole to mount it.

Agreed. Not to mention the fact that a 3" pipe would get damn close to if not overlap the wastegate outlet hole.

On a side not I believe Hahn Racecraft used to offer a 3" O2 eliminator but it was a call only item. I dont even know if they are still around anyways.

Called bonehead they don't make it now I"m gonna call punishment see if they will make it or if they still do it. I did see that Hahn one but I know they will ass rap me on it and it won't even be worth it. i have a full 3" exhaust and I want to keep it 3" as much as possible. I might end up with a 2.5 o2 housing and then a adapter to 3" right after it.

what size is the outlet of your turbo?

If its 2.5" or smaller, it will be fine to run 2.5" up to the flexpipe.

Im running a t3 housing now and i have a 3" 4 bolt o2 housing that goes to a 3" full exhaust, but i guess its really hard to cram a 3" pipe in the stock mitsu o2 housing flange.

Slippi,

I am looking at doing either a hx35 or hx40 as well. I have been looking into what kind of support equipment would be needed. I have been searching for a 3" o2 housing with very little luck. In theory, a 3" could be made, but I plan on trying to put a Tial 44mm wastegate on the o2 housing. I see that there is a lot of interest in the Holset turbos. Maybe if enough of us are in the same situation, we could get someone to fab something up for all of us.

Slippi,

I am looking at doing either a hx35 or hx40 as well. I have been looking into what kind of support equipment would be needed. I have been searching for a 3" o2 housing with very little luck. In theory, a 3" could be made, but I plan on trying to put a Tial 44mm wastegate on the o2 housing. I see that there is a lot of interest in the Holset turbos. Maybe if enough of us are in the same situation, we could get someone to fab something up for all of us.

Yeah during my search only two companies had any kinda product like What I was looking for. For you though looking to run a 46mm external off the o2 housing that is easy. There is one on ebay all the time just like that. It's a V-band hook up at the bottom and mitsu exhaust housing bolt pattern. Even has flanges and everything so you just put the wastegate in between the two flanges and you have a recirculated 46mm external setup with 3" outlet.

I have the Ebay 3" VBand O2 Housing.
Its a nice piece, especially for the price.
Its full 3" pipe the whole way, but the flange is only ~2 3/4".
The welds have all held and it has gotten real hot; turns purplish, then brownish after a lot of heat.

I have a 95 with a 6-bolt and to make it fit, I had to bend the dipstick tube, and it sits about 1/2" away from positive bolt on alternator, so I got Jay Racing Alt Relocation Kit(Which is a very nice kit).

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Ebay 3" VBand O2 Housing.
Its a nice piece, especially for the price.
Its full 3" pipe the whole way, but the flange is only ~2 3/4".
The welds have all held and it has gotten real hot; turns purplish, then brownish after a lot of heat.

I have a 95 with a 6-bolt and to make it fit, I had to bend the dipstick tube, and it sits about 1/2" away from positive bolt on alternator, so I got Jay Racing Alt Relocation Kit(Which is a very nice kit).

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That is the exact piece I just referenced thanks for the pic and hands on info:thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan on using a Megan Racing 3" downpipe. I realize that I will have to cut off the 2.5" flange to run that o2 housing. Is there someone out there that sells the 3" flange for the v-band clamp? Or should I just go with a different DP to begin with?

The only company I know to sell real 3" Mitsu outlet is Punishment racing. There is only one problem: Because of the 3" )O2, you don't have enough room to run Tial 44mm/ off the O2 housing, but if you running it off the manifold, then you are fine. They don't have these on display no more, but give Tim a call and see what happens.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back