The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2nd gen block 1st gen head

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redboost

Probationary Member
Apr 22, 2005
belair, Maryland
what all do i need to do to put a ported 1st gen head on a second gen block

1g water pipe that runs from the water pump along the top of the block.
1g cam angle sensor would be a good idea
1g intake manifold or cyclone or S/M
(1g thermostat housing connects to radiator hose) VERY IMPORTANT because if you don't have this you will have to weld it so yours will connect to it.

you are still going to use the 2g head bolts when you do this. I would take advantage and get some ARP head studs since you will have the head off any ways.

If your profile is up to date, you will need a 1g water pipe that connects to the lower radiator hose, 1g U pipe that supplies water to the turbo, 1g 3 bolt water neck with 2g sensors, you will need a 1g cam angle sensor unless your intake cam is tapped for a 2g-b CAS, you will also need to block off the water return port on the front of the block (I used an oil drain plug), block off the oil supply port on the head if you are feeding from the oil filter housing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back