The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

6-bolt in a 2nd gen

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

streetraceboi

Sep 4, 2002
San Antonio, Texas
ok, heres my question. i got a friend that wants to put a 6-bolt in his 97 gsx to avoid "crankwalk". what mods do you have to do to get a 6bolt to fit in a 2nd gen?? is it easier to just buy a 6bolt block and put it in or just buy the whole motor?? will the 6bolt just drop right in?? what about the awd tranny?? what do you have to do to get a 6 bolt in a 2nd gen??? or should he stick with the 7bolt??

why doesn't he just wait to see if it walks? the 2G has higher compression (although the rods are slightly weaker). run it until it's dead. either way, it's going to cost the same if he blows the motor and replaces it, or just swaps one anyway.

by the way... why don't you check out www.magnusmotorsports.com to read about putting a 6-bolt into a 2G. my 6-bolt is going in this weekend.

1) There is only 1 '?' required after an interrogative statement.
2) This is not an extreme tuner question.
3) You need a 1G CAS wired into the stock 2G cam and crank sensors. The 2G Tranny has 3 of 4 mounts therefore you really need to make sure that you use the stock 2G tranny or else it gets REALLY complicated. There are a host of other things that need to be address that have been spelled out in past threads. Search for it.
4) Read the magnus site at http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/1g2g.htm. It has everything you need.
5) Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back