The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A 2gNT New clutch but one axle does not move.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leonthefaded

Supporting VIP
Aug 3, 2011
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
1998 Eclipse GS
Just finished installing a new clutch pack onto the car. I wanted to test to see if everything went well.
Started up the car, put it in first gear without using the gas pedal only the passenger side axle moves. When you press on the gas the car struggles but the driver side axle does not move, although it seems as if it is trying.

Is it more of a possibility that I did not push the axles in far enough?
Could it be a different issue all together?

The old clutch was completely burned out from a driver who did not know how to drive a manual transmission car.

Thanks in advance.

I never thought of that being the case. I wonder why its struggling when I press on the gas while its lifted up then. I need to look into this further

I put the car on the ground and it moves without struggling. I'm going for a test drive once I figure out the idle surge. I think its either because of the old gas (A few weeks old, I added HEET) or the fact the ECU cable looks jacked up.

More to follow

Drove it around the block for 15 mins. Drives perfectly fine. The idle surge is slowly going away. as I figured some bad gas. If I stop being lazy I'll make a write up one of these days for DSMtuners. for the clutch replacement.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back