The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

420A 2gNT Interchangeable parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoshi1028

Probationary Member
Dec 13, 2021
Stone mountain, Georgia
I would like to know what parts are interchangeable with my 97 Eclipse GS?

What does that even mean?

Your question seems unanswerable.... but with some additional information, you might get a better response. What parts are you concerned about? tire schrader valves? bc just about anything off a car post 1900 should work there... spark plugs? license plate lights? Cars have about 30,000 individual parts. Which ones are you concerned with?

Any really. Just curious on what I can do and how much of a frankinstien I can do to it.

What does that even mean?

Your question seems unanswerable.... but with some additional information, you might get a better response. What parts are you concerned about? tire schrader valves? bc just about anything off a car post 1900 should work there... spark plugs? license plate lights? Cars have about 30,000 individual parts. Which ones are you concerned with?
A car is really built off of 3,000 parts. if you count the parts that come in pairs then yes. But I am asking about all parts to see what others have done to there builds it doesn't matter which parts they are.

Ok but are you asking what parts interchange with any car in the world of any year, or any DSM of any year/model, or just any year Eclipse only, or just on your 97 Eclipse GS, or ??? Do you see? We have no idea what you're asking to interchange with.

Ok but are you asking what parts interchange with any car in the world of any year, or any DSM of any year/model, or just any year Eclipse only, or just on your 97 Eclipse GS, or ??? Do you see? We have no idea what you're asking to interchange with.
good luck w/ that

I think antifreeze & most motor oils are interchangeable too. You might want to check out our member cars section of our forum, many have a build thread showing what all they did or are working on in a journal format.

I think antifreeze & most motor oils are interchangeable too. You might want to check out our member cars section of our forum, many have a build thread showing what all they did or are working on in a journal format.
Ok great. thanks. Like I said on my page I use the site all the time I'm just new to the member side of it.

good luck w/ that
Ok example I know Dodge Neon SRT 4, Chrysler Sebring, some Dodge Grand Caravan parts can be put on the 97 Eclipse. I know that the Evo4 - 8 will also work.

Let's say I wanted to take a fuel rail off of a Lancer that is running a 4g64. Can I take that fuel rail and the fuel pump off of it and use it on my 97 Eclipse? Or better yet can I take the fuel injectors off of a Mitsubishi Endeavor and use them in my 97 Eclipse?

If yiu want to know some chassis interchangeability get a copy of mitsubishi ASA parts software. Any part number on your car you can cross reference to other chassis within the mitsu lineup

Any really. Just curious on what I can do and how much of a frankinstien I can do to it.

A car is really built off of 3,000 parts. if you count the parts that come in pairs then yes. But I am asking about all parts to see what others have done to there builds it doesn't matter which parts they are.
If your looking to Frankenstein your car, then parts interchangeable shouldn’t stop you. Somebody was asking a month ago about swapping a Honda engine into an Eclipse. Go for it, if you have the desire/skills/time/money. I think most of the members on this forum (though not all, I’ll concede) look at goals, and then what path helps them reach those goals. So, like, more hp by FMIC, 16g turbo, boost controller, higher flow injectors & fuel pump, freer flowing exhaust and intake. Kind of standard recipe. Others like to road race, so coilovers, bigger brakes, roll cage, and start lapping.
So if wild and crazy for kicks is your goal, then you need to think past simply changing the oem parts your car was built with for some oem parts from a different year….
Or perhaps I’m just not understanding your goals?

Your understanding my goals I just want it to be a Frankenstein build you know how Frankenstein's built of like different parts and he was just like developed like that's what I want this car to be because my car's name is called the demon child and I'm really trying to build build my car to be like a head turner like nobody's ever seen

basically nothing off a 4g63/4 engine and transmission besides bolts are gonna work on a 420a car,
For the most part only chrysler, dodge, plymoth cars are gonna have engine and transmission parts that will work on your car.

the suspension on a FWD car should all interchange. 3g's rear suspension should work. The 2.4l 3g's all have drum brakes in the rear that will work on a 2g, The 2000-2002 3.0l 3g's have the exact same rear disc setup as a 2g. Im not sure about the later 3g's but they will probably work.

3g door seal works but is lower quality

GST fuel pump assembly will

injectors need to be saturated (hi-z) 60mm with 14mm o-rings, ford injectors with interchange with 420a ones but at least on the late 90's and early 2000 fords, the injectors are lower quality than the stock 420a injectors.
anything larger than a 300cc will be too big for the stock ecu to compensate for.

basically nothing off a 4g63/4 engine and transmission besides bolts are gonna work on a 420a car,
For the most part only chrysler, dodge, plymoth cars are gonna have engine and transmission parts that will work on your car.

the suspension on a FWD car should all interchange. 3g's rear suspension should work. The 2.4l 3g's all have drum brakes in the rear that will work on a 2g, The 2000-2002 3.0l 3g's have the exact same rear disc setup as a 2g. Im not sure about the later 3g's but they will probably work.

3g door seal works but is lower quality

GST fuel pump assembly will

injectors need to be saturated (hi-z) 60mm with 14mm o-rings, ford injectors with interchange with 420a ones but at least on the late 90's and early 2000 fords, the injectors are lower quality than the stock 420a injectors.
anything larger than a 300cc will be too big for the stock ecu to compensate for.
That is a lot of great info and thanks for that. Do you know what the stock injector size is on the 420a? I have looked it up on goggle and all but I have got a lot of different answers and I have also looked on here as well but it's the same a lot of I thinking and it might be's. (No offense to anyone on here.)

stock injectors are 230cc or 240cc.

You think it is possible to run a 4G64 fuel line with the 4G64 fuel injectors on a 420A or no.

no the spacing between injectors is different so the rail won't work.

any injector without a 14mm o ring on the tip won't work

any peak and hold injector won't work

any injector shorter than 60mm would need a hat to make up the difference. so injector + hat = 60mm

if you want to use an injector that matches the connector for the stock harness is know ass a few different things, jetronic, minitimer, ev1

but you can always change out the connectors on the harness to match any injector.

Ok cool that's good to know cause I was really about to try and get them to fit but I think I have some hatS

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back