The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G TSI and GSX parts interchangeable?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSI2kz3

Probationary Member
Apr 13, 2005
Lanham, Maryland
Hey all, i got a few questions...

Are Talon TSI and Eclipse GSX parts interchangeable such as engine, tranny, etc. The reason i ask is because i bought a 97 Talon TSI AWD shell with no engine and im trying to find TSI parts cars but theyre rare so im wondering if GSX engine/tranny fit in the stock Talon motor mounts and so on.

Is the stock TSI engine a 4g63 6 or 7 bolt, im confused.

Also i hear you can put in an old 1g engine into a 2g with a certain kit. Anyone know what this kit includes and the price of it?

Thanks all, i appreciate it.

If you have a TSI shell, you can put a 1g 4g63t, engine in...which is the 6 bolt.

That would be the best route to go. I'm not sure about the costs so I won’t comment on that.

*Edit
Maybe next time I'll try to compose a proper sentence.

Dr3wStx said:
If you have a TSI shell, you can put a 1g 4g63t, engine in...witch is the 6 bolt.
4g63t does NOT = 6bolt

yes all tsi+gsx's are 4g63's i looks like you are asking about 2g's basicly.
all 2g's are 7bolts from the factory
Yes you can swap in a 6bolt - there really isnt any kit -- and there is a TON of threads on this allready.

dave99gst said:
4g63t does NOT = 6bolt

yes all tsi+gsx's are 4g63's i looks like you are asking about 2g's basicly.
all 2g's are 7bolts from the factory
Yes you can swap in a 6bolt - there really isnt any kit -- and there is a TON of threads on this allready.

Looks like I'm confused here, the turbo engine from a 1g is not called a 4g63t?
or are do some later 1gs come with 7 bolts?

He meant all 6 bolts are 4g63's, you made it sound like since it was a 4g63 it is a 6bolt, which is the opposite of what is correct... you might be a little confused, but only with english.....

6 bolt = 4g63
7 bolt = 4g63

same engine with slightly different internals. the switch took place around april/may of 92. same engine codes though. therefore some 1g came with the 6bolt and some with the 7bolt but all 2g's came with the 7bolt. hope that clears things up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back