The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2ga to 2gb conversion price

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I sound dumb because I believe ruining a perfectly good 2ga because your ashamed of it is wrong? Nice attempt at an insult. Talons should remain talons, Eclipse's eclipse's, 2ga's 2ga's, 2gb's, 2gb's, 1g's 1g's, Honda's honda's, vw beatles... yep, vw beatles! Its hard as #### now days to find a nice DSM because you idiots keep ####ing them up due to your shame in owning a 2ga or a talon. Its taken me 8 years to finally locate the one I have now in its almost perfect condition because every other DSM is primered, damaged, dented, faded, burnt, cut, stabbed, shot, or riced out.

And my hatred isn't just apparent, it is there. I hate people that convert cars into something else, ruining their original glory because their owners are ashamed of what they have. Even tho they shouldn't be. Because 2ga's are just as sexy, beautiful and nice as 2gb's. Infact nicer if you honestly opened your eyes and looked at the attention to detail in the design. 2gb, flat lines, flat, flat and flat. Talons, 2ga's, agressive body. Sports car worthy.

But to each his own. Eventually all DSM's will be gone from the world. And the only ones you'll see are the ones owned by people with enough money to restore them and when your lucky.

BTW, Florida I could find a trillion and 1 2gb's. I live in New Mexico, Our DSM population is around 50 total in this state and I can find a 2gb right now if I wanted, Hell I can get you a 2ga right now for a grand, actually a couple. And around 3 or 4 actual 2gb FWD and AWD's for around 2000-6500.

Hmmm when I was dsm shopping I came across more in New Mexico than my side of Texas. So don't spit all that. And I'd like to see your list of these "trillion and 1" 2gb's you took the time to find.

Oh and I'm converting mine. So feel free to rip on me as well. :)

Hmmm when I was dsm shopping I came across more in New Mexico than my side of Texas. So don't spit all that. And I'd like to see your list of these "trillion and 1" 2gb's you took the time to find.

Oh and I'm converting mine. So feel free to rip on me as well. :)

Not clean DSM's. You came across riced out peices of junk unless it was a high priced one (minus one where the guy is totally nuts for asking how much he's asking). The DSM community in this state is practically dead. Its a miracle to get everyone together in one place at one time and even when that happens only 5-10 cars show up. Finding a clean DSM, in any year is a very hard task and most of the time WE (new mexicans) look outside of the state to hopefully find something close by. I got somewhat lucky by finding a fire victim with a clean exterior and interior.... I had to remove, and replace and clean every single inch of the engine bay. Then I had to remove fenders, doors, hatches, bumpers, to get all the sand out of everything. Thats what you find here. Currently there are two 2ga's for sale, one has a space shuttle wing on it. The other is a ok-ish FWD. There are about 4 2gb's for sale here, all are in piss pore shape.

Like I said, finding clean DSM's is getting harder and harder to do because everyone is doing or attempting to do these converts (when you want a 2ga like I've been wanting, all you find are these), riced out body kits (new mexicans don't paint their body kits, they leave them unpainted), Supra Tail lights. Damaged as if they tried going rock crawling with the car, ripped up interior (I've owned one with wood screws in the dash).

And I wasn't ragging on anyone. I was just saying that you should just look around for what you honestly want. 2gb's are a dime a dozen in even the most rural area's (like mine). Talons (I'd rather have a talon over anything, if I had luck.) are non existent, 2ga's are next on that list.

I sound dumb because I believe ruining a perfectly good 2ga because your ashamed of it is wrong? Nice attempt at an insult. Talons should remain talons, Eclipse's eclipse's, 2ga's 2ga's, 2gb's, 2gb's, 1g's 1g's, Honda's honda's, vw beatles... yep, vw beatles! Its hard as #### now days to find a nice DSM because you idiots keep ####ing them up due to your shame in owning a 2ga or a talon. Its taken me 8 years to finally locate the one I have now in its almost perfect condition because every other DSM is primered, damaged, dented, faded, burnt, cut, stabbed, shot, or riced out.

And my hatred isn't just apparent, it is there. I hate people that convert cars into something else, ruining their original glory because their owners are ashamed of what they have. Even tho they shouldn't be. Because 2ga's are just as sexy, beautiful and nice as 2gb's. Infact nicer if you honestly opened your eyes and looked at the attention to detail in the design. 2gb, flat lines, flat, flat and flat. Talons, 2ga's, agressive body. Sports car worthy.

But to each his own. Eventually all DSM's will be gone from the world. And the only ones you'll see are the ones owned by people with enough money to restore them and when your lucky.

BTW, Florida I could find a trillion and 1 2gb's. I live in New Mexico, Our DSM population is around 50 total in this state and I can find a 2gb right now if I wanted, Hell I can get you a 2ga right now for a grand, actually a couple. And around 3 or 4 actual 2gb FWD and AWD's for around 2000-6500.

Way to respond a year later with the same jibberish you posted a year ago. Oh and btw, I managed to find a 2ga Talon AWD and guess what I'll be doing? LOL You'll hate me even more :rolleyes:

I'm converting my 2ga to a 2gb. I like the 2gb bodystyle better. Its all about taste preferences. At least I'm not getting a bodykit LOL

All I was saying is, It kinda sucks that all the 2ga's are being converted to 2gb's. There is not 1 single thing that makes the 2gb look better than the 2ga. They are all sexy DSM's. And now finding a clean 2ga is becoming harder and harder. I still haven't been able to find one. Since my first DSM being a 95 GSX and was very clean, 10 years ago. I haven't found another. And I want one bad!

All I was saying is, It kinda sucks that all the 2ga's are being converted to 2gb's. There is not 1 single thing that makes the 2gb look better than the 2ga. They are all sexy DSM's. And now finding a clean 2ga is becoming harder and harder. I still haven't been able to find one. Since my first DSM being a 95 GSX and was very clean, 10 years ago. I haven't found another. And I want one bad!

Trade? I'll pay shipping on mine if you pay shipping on yours

And my hatred isn't just apparent, it is there. I hate people that convert cars into something else, ruining their original glory because their owners are ashamed of what they have.

If we are ruining our cars "original glory" by swapping bumpers, then we should all put that T25 back on, those balance shafts back in, and run 10psi everywhere. Right?

If you really have that big of a problem with it, why not convert it back to 2ga? A body style should NEVER be your deciding factor when buying a DSM. I leave that to the WRX guys.

Not clean DSM's. You came across riced out peices of junk unless it was a high priced one (minus one where the guy is totally nuts for asking how much he's asking). The DSM community in this state is practically dead. Its a miracle to get everyone together in one place at one time and even when that happens only 5-10 cars show up. Finding a clean DSM, in any year is a very hard task and most of the time WE (new mexicans) look outside of the state to hopefully find something close by. I got somewhat lucky by finding a fire victim with a clean exterior and interior.... I had to remove, and replace and clean every single inch of the engine bay. Then I had to remove fenders, doors, hatches, bumpers, to get all the sand out of everything. Thats what you find here. Currently there are two 2ga's for sale, one has a space shuttle wing on it. The other is a ok-ish FWD. There are about 4 2gb's for sale here, all are in piss pore shape.

Like I said, finding clean DSM's is getting harder and harder to do because everyone is doing or attempting to do these converts (when you want a 2ga like I've been wanting, all you find are these), riced out body kits (new mexicans don't paint their body kits, they leave them unpainted), Supra Tail lights. Damaged as if they tried going rock crawling with the car, ripped up interior (I've owned one with wood screws in the dash).

And I wasn't ragging on anyone. I was just saying that you should just look around for what you honestly want. 2gb's are a dime a dozen in even the most rural area's (like mine). Talons (I'd rather have a talon over anything, if I had luck.) are non existent, 2ga's are next on that list.

I just moved from Albuquerque (only ten miles from Tirejas) about a couple months ago and last I checked there was a nice selection of both talons and eclipses even a few in Tirejas. Sure there are some that are riced out but your going to have that anywhere I found a completely stock 95 rs with a few new parts for 700. So I don't think the DSM community there is practically dead I've seen more there than in the DFW area.

I personally think the 2gb is more appealing its more aggressive overall and just looks nicer. I want to do it but lack of cash flow and other things prevent me from doing it at the moment. There's no need to harbor hate against someone just because they're upgrading to a newer body style. Last time I checked this is a site where people are upgrading to better or nicer things all the time however I do see something wrong with adding a wack unpainted body kit. My last point, in my opinion why wouldn't you buy a cheaper 2ga then spend an approximate $500 to have a 2gb?

You must have mistaken a DSM for a Mustang or a STI. Because nice selection there isn't. In fact I know most of the DSM owners in this state and there are only a couple DSM's total. Flat body isn't agressive. But its whatever. Its peoples opinions I guess. They want a 2gb Eclipse so they buy a 2ga and convert it. Which is dropping the number of 2ga's. I've only owned one, when I was a teen. Haven't found another since. Even a local Albuquerque guy had to go out of town just to find one.

It's just as easy to convert a 2gb to a 2ga people. Calm down.

You should look for twisty side skirts, they are the best!

So much arugment here and not enough resource for estimation of conversion cost. I just ordered the door molding (door caps) from dsm grfaveyard. I'm hoping they match up. Because my 2ga evidently has a half as* conversion. One side is oem whilst the other is 2gb

Actually the number of 2gas isn't going down. Because under that 97 bumper, on the driver's door, yep! it still has a build date of 94-96. I'd rather people go 2gb than Bomex or Blitz. It's a different color lipstick on the same pig.

If we are ruining our cars "original glory" by swapping bumpers, then we should all put that T25 back on, those balance shafts back in, and run 10psi everywhere. Right?

If you really have that big of a problem with it, why not convert it back to 2ga? A body style should NEVER be your deciding factor when buying a DSM. I leave that to the WRX guys.

This.

I found 2 95-96 GSX's in Albuquerque last July when I bought the 95 I have now. I only looked for a couple days... Granted, mine was a bent valve special, but the interior is literally brand new, everything but the valves under the hood was in great shape for the age, and it had a set of 3 week old Fuzion racing radials on the wheels. Bought it from the second owner, and other GSX was being sold by the original owner. The reason no one wants to go to ABQ DSM meets is because there are some amazingly arrogant and aggressive dirtbags claiming "DSM for life, yo..." (insert dumbass hand sign here), that most of the other DSM owners I know in this state would rather avoid, driving around that city. The scene up there didn't die, it was murdered by those people.

My 2ga will remain a 2ga..... Until I get tired of the teeth... Then, well, you know. :D

The 2gb rear bumper DEFINITELY looks better than the bubble butt 2ga bumper, I think. I like both of the front bumpers, but will probably stick with the 2ga front for convienence. I am going to change the rear and side skirts though, for sure.

I found 2 95-96 GSX's in Albuquerque last July when I bought the 95 I have now. I only looked for a couple days... Granted, mine was a bent valve special, but the interior is literally brand new, everything but the valves under the hood was in great shape for the age, and it had a set of 3 week old Fuzion racing radials on the wheels. Bought it from the second owner, and other GSX was being sold by the original owner. The reason no one wants to go to ABQ DSM meets is because there are some amazingly arrogant and aggressive dirtbags claiming "DSM for life, yo..." (insert dumbass hand sign here), that most of the other DSM owners I know in this state would rather avoid, driving around that city. The scene up there didn't die, it was murdered by those people.

YES! LOL I deleted my membership there. Because of the people that own DSM's here, well not all of them. But most of them are high on themselves. One guy kept ragging on me because I'd rather help other DSM guys out by buying parts from them, instead of new. Like hard core talking shit.

As for finding 2ga's here. I found two last summer. One had a blown motor and a huge ricer wing on it, but he was asking tooooo much for it. The other (now owned by a friend) was ok interior but the car itself was just very much abused. Then a different friend found a 2ga talon AWD that was trashed he picked up, he told me about the owner having a silver 2gb GSX with no engine and said I could get him down on it. I picked up my pretty clean, but with fire damage engine bay, 2gb silver GSX. Other than that, there was a clean 2GNT Talon, a 98 GSX with a 15k price tag and a couple 1g's. DSM's have died here. And extremely disrespected. Even if you have a high hp, clean, well built car, your nothing but trash to people around here for owning a car that they claim should be tossed in the dumpster.

My 2ga will remain a 2ga..... Until I get tired of the teeth... Then, well, you know. :D

The 2gb rear bumper DEFINITELY looks better than the bubble butt 2ga bumper, I think. I like both of the front bumpers, but will probably stick with the 2ga front for convienence. I am going to change the rear and side skirts though, for sure.

Whenever you want a 2gb, Hit me up! We'll do an even trade for shells. I keep my suspension, wheels, engine, trans, you keep yours. Not a fan of the teeth but I wanna build a clean 2ga up. I've had too many 2gb's. And too many Eclipse's. I want a fraking 2gb Talon or a 2ga GSX

Yea, I know most people will probably think I'm a nut case for putting the teeth on, but it was for my own amusement. I mean, just look at it... It has a big goofy smile just waiting for teeth. :D They would be easy enough to remove though. They're fiberglass.

The blown motor GSX with the ricer wing wasn't sun faded red with the come-steal-my-shit Greddy, Kenwood, and Koni stickers on it under the rear view mirrors and a bigass aluminum park bench on the hatch, was it? Because if it was, the motor only had 2 bent valves and the guides were still perfect. I rebuilt it from the ground up, and it is a very nice car. I bought it for half the asking price, and I still talk to the guy who sold it.

YES! LOL I deleted my membership there. Because of the people that own DSM's here, well not all of them. But most of them are high on themselves. One guy kept ragging on me because I'd rather help other DSM guys out by buying parts from them, instead of new. Like hard core talking shit.

As for finding 2ga's here. I found two last summer. One had a blown motor and a huge ricer wing on it, but he was asking tooooo much for it. The other (now owned by a friend) was ok interior but the car itself was just very much abused. Then a different friend found a 2ga talon AWD that was trashed he picked up, he told me about the owner having a silver 2gb GSX with no engine and said I could get him down on it. I picked up my pretty clean, but with fire damage engine bay, 2gb silver GSX. Other than that, there was a clean 2GNT Talon, a 98 GSX with a 15k price tag and a couple 1g's. DSM's have died here. And extremely disrespected. Even if you have a high hp, clean, well built car, your nothing but trash to people around here for owning a car that they claim should be tossed in the dumpster.

Whenever you want a 2gb, Hit me up! We'll do an even trade for shells. I keep my suspension, wheels, engine, trans, you keep yours. Not a fan of the teeth but I wanna build a clean 2ga up. I've had too many 2gb's. And too many Eclipse's. I want a fraking 2gb Talon or a 2ga GSX

You act like they don't sell 2ga bumpers. Just find a converted 2ga and buy 2ga bumper. Or, buy a 2gb and do a 2ga conversion.

Guys I believe the point of this thread was the conversion costs. Shipping, parts, delivery and cost of other misc materials. Not which bodystyle is better or whatever it is you are going on about. Let's no derail this thread.

Yea, I know most people will probably think I'm a nut case for putting the teeth on, but it was for my own amusement. I mean, just look at it... It has a big goofy smile just waiting for teeth. :D They would be easy enough to remove though. They're fiberglass.

The blown motor GSX with the ricer wing wasn't sun faded red with the come-steal-my-shit Greddy, Kenwood, and Koni stickers on it under the rear view mirrors and a bigass aluminum park bench on the hatch, was it? Because if it was, the motor only had 2 bent valves and the guides were still perfect. I rebuilt it from the ground up, and it is a very nice car. I bought it for half the asking price, and I still talk to the guy who sold it.
That was the car. Last I saw he was asking like 2500 for it. You bought it as in its the car thats gray in your pics?
You act like they don't sell 2ga bumpers. Just find a converted 2ga and buy 2ga bumper. Or, buy a 2gb and do a 2ga conversion.

Yeah, because I wanna spend money on bumpers, side skirts, paint just to make the car look the way it was meant to look. I'd rather just look around and say "hey, look at that, a clean DSM I can buy". People should just leave them the way they were. 2ga stay 2ga, 2gb stay 2gb, talon stay talon. But its whatever.

Yes, that's the same car. I'll pm you so we don't muddy up this thread anymore with local chat.
As for cost, I did some looking here. As long as you can do paint work, or have it done at a low cost, the total conversion could be as little as $150 for the bumpers, skirts, and headlights. That's using wrecked car parts within 150 miles... I live way out in the middle of nowhere though, so my radius has to be larger than if you live in a big city.

On dsm graveyard the ballpark for myself living in hawaii. Having all the bodyparts and mounting hardware shipped to me slow as possible. I'm looking at around 1500 dollars give or take 200 dollars. That's not painted, without headlight, foglight, and reverse lights being done. Also without the bodywork with the spoiler conversion.

I recently ordered the door cap from dsm graveyard and should get it by next week. Mine was missing, ill post pictures and show you all what kind of quality body parts they have.

@leonthefaded why is shipping to HI so effing much? I mean, I do realize the physical location and all however, aren't flights flying there all the time and cruises and what not? My, my, my someone should create a partnership with some of these people or the industry and work something out (free business idea for anyone who has the money to start it)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back