The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 2ga Eclipse lower door trim/door caps

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motomattx

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
wampum, Pennsylvania
Would someone that works in carbon fiber or fiberglass be interested in taking a mold from a pair of 2ga Eclipse door caps and reproducing them in carbon fiber or fiberglass? even if they mount with double sided tape rather than the clips on the back side, there is a good demand for them in the community, almost every single passenger door from the 95-96 model years is broken, its rare to see one that isn't anymore, most are missing altogether, apparently Mitsubishi made them from dried saltine crackers or something and they just disintegrate and decompose from exposure to air, I have messaged several people parting out 2ga cars and they have told me that they have had at least 50 people asking for the passenger side door cap, I would think someone could make a decent profit from molding a set and laying them up without much work.

Either that or aluminum. Mine are in pristine condition somehow but I also would prefer to have a different look

Is there a difference between 2ga and 2gb door caps that I'm not aware of?

Either that or aluminum. Mine are in pristine condition somehow but I also would prefer to have a different look

Is there a difference between 2ga and 2gb door caps that I'm not aware of?
Yes, there sure is, the entire ground effects package between the two is different, the 2ga sticks out further.

Are you asking for someone to make a mold or you have a mold for someone to use. Just a little confused with the wording. I got a set of 2ga door caps, in decent condition, and a lot of composite fabrication training.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back