The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G pistons in a 1G 7bolt block ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccwhisenhunt89

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 21, 2010
amarillo, Texas
ok so im looking at getting some used pistons from another member on here he says they will fit im just getting some more solid answers. i have a 93 fwd turbo eclipse yes it is a 7bolt shouldnt the 2g 7bolt pistons and rods bolt right up ????

oh they came out of a 95 gsx also i forgot to add that part

why dont you get evo 8-9 pistons and rods. they are superior to 2g pistons and rods

Putting used pistons into a used block, where the two were not worn together is a very bad idea.

Im sure the op plans to hone the block and use new bearings and rings. Used pistons are fine so long as they are in good shape. Good upgrade at a great price usually.

well im just doing it to get my dd back on the road and its what i can afford and yes new rings and bearins and ext.... but how much do evo pistons and rods even run ?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back