The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2g DSM water leak from door panel speaker cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If any one has problem with thier original butal tape, it's best to clean it off the surfaces and get new. It does dry out , especially after 20 plus years .

Another tip for window 2g, door seals and hatch seals.. A need to do in summer. Get a jar of vaseline put a small amount on a soft cotton towel and gently rub on the weather strips. It moisturizes the weather strips and makes them swell up a little and make them more pliable. But heat and humidity are key, so somthing to do on a hot summer day. ;)

If any one has problem with thier original butal tape, it's best to clean it off the surfaces and get new. It does dry out , especially after 20 plus years .
Yeah that’s what I did with mine, from factory they put a crazy amount on the door and with me being in Florida it just melted it and make a nasty mess. A plastic Razor and WD-40 is your friend along with a automotive eraser !

Glad you solved your water leak. I just thought I would mention a fix for those cat whiskers or felts that run along the bottom of the glass where it meets the body like the example in my picture. Many of us can not get these as replacements because they are discontinued . My fix is , get your self a strip of 1/2 " velcro ( fuzzy side not the loop ) and some strong adhesive . Apply a good layer of glue and let it tack up then apply your velcro. I have done this on many vehicles with great success .
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Sorry I used a VW as an example but I`m sure you get the picture of what to do ..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back