The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2g awd intermediate shaft help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipse001

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 25, 2009
racine, Wisconsin
Alright so im having a really hard time finding a 5 speed awd intermediate shaft I purchased an auto awd last week turns out its a little longer. I found 2-3 intermediate shafts from 95-96 awd.

So besides the mounting bracket that's the only difference that I know of is there anything else that's different from a 95-96 shaft compared to 97-99? I have the correct bracket for 97-99 so if I buy a 95-96 intermediate shaft can I swap brackets and be good to go?

I searched as much as I could find but couldn't find any real confirmation that it will work I just found the brackets are different.

Yes, Just remove the 2ga carrier bearing from the Intermediate shaft and install the 2gb carrier bearing and you are good to go.

Forgot to mention, If your 2gb Carrier bearing is not good, then change the AC Bracket to match the 2ga carrier bearing and you are good to go.

Looks like it.

Part number is MB526845 for the manual transmission intermediate shaft, 1990-1999.

From everything i've seen they are the same from 90-96 and then from 97-99, I've got a unit from a 95 on my car because that's the year of drivetrain i found. The shafts themselves i think are the same it's just the carrier and bearing that are different, and even at that i don't think it's that much of a big deal to mix and match them except you may have to use a spacer when running a 97+ shaft on a 96 and older setup or vise versa.

My 95 bearing/carrier went onto my 97 AC bracket withuot any issues, iv'e read up ton's on this mainly finding info in the AWD swap threads so you may wantto look there for info on fitment, as well as parts replacements and whereto get them.. I just search the forums for "AWD swap" and "AWD conversion" and search "titles only"

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back