The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G 2G AWD coil spring rates and lowering amounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Upon shopping for a new set of lowering springs, I compiled this little list of spring rates and lowering amounts. So, I figured I should share it with you all.

*Note – This information is represented to the best of my knowledge. Most of the numbers were gathered from reputable vendors and/or the manufacturer. If there is any information that needs to be edited or added, please PM me.

95-96 OEM Stock 2G AWD
Front: 265 #
Rear: 162 # (+/- 8)

97-99 OEM Stock 2G AWD
Front: 246 #
Rear: 151 #

H&R (Race spring) (FWD and AWD share the same rates)
2.0"F, 1.75"R lowering
Front: 430 #
Rear: 260 #

H&R (Sport spring)
1.7"F, 1.4"R lowering
They would not disclose spring rates for these. They explained that there are too many variables to accurately use spring rates. I'm assuming these are comparable to the Sprints.

Eibach ProKit
1.3" lowering
Front: 330 #
Rear: 160 #

Suspension Techniques
1.2” lower
Front: 200 #
Rear: 160 #

Megan Racing
2.0" lowering
Front: 335 #
Rear: 250 #

Eibach Sportline
1.7" lowering
Front: 286 #
Rear: 146 #

Intrax
1.8”F, 1.7”R lowering
Front: 249 #
Rear: 143 #

Tein S-Tech
1.3”F, 1.2”R lowering
Front: ? (mixed results)
Rear: ? (mixed results)

Sprint
2.0” or 1.5” lowering (optional)
They would not disclose spring rate information in fear of other manufacturer spin offs. They informed me that they are typically 20-30% stiffer than stock.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back