The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 95-99 RS Spring Strut Removal/Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In here you'll find a no picture easy how to...

I have broken this down as easy as someone can...You dont need pictures if you know your eclipse...I searched for things and found it easier to just get under there...in my buddies driveway...NO SHOP NEEDED

Needed: suspension, air tools (recommended), socket set w/open end wrenches, floor jack, stands

1. Jack car up and get jack stand under car
2. Remove wheels
3. Remove 3 nuts at strut tower bay (leave middle nut ALONE) and 2 from under covers in trunk
4. Remove stabilizer link from strut fork...(pry bar in between to separate boot off...or ball joint tool) Its a bi***...I replaced mine for 30 bucks and piece of mind
5. Unfasten the bolt going through the fork that holds bottom of strut in place
6. Remove bolt, nut, and locking washer.
7. Remove Assembly
8. Rear is 1 bolt that'll probably make you say #### a few times...but once you get it loose, thats it...

(don't compress the spring with an autozone piece of shit...Spend the 50 bucks at pep boys and own something you can use over and over...while you charge your buddies to do their suspension. So air tool the nut holding your spring compressed onto strut. and gather your bushings and dust cover)

It Goes Strut, spring, yellow bushing (push hard till it drops), dust cover, hamburger looking bushing, metal tube, rubber seal, top piece, bushing, washer, nut...

Or if you just read all that and didnt think of looking in your repair manual...LOL then refer to that...

9. Compress spring, air tool on install into fork and into strut bay...tighten 3 nuts up top and goto town downstairs...
10. Pop link back into boot and your pretty much done...just do the reverse of the removal...If you have questions of problems that might [email protected]

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back