The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

20th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bush ran an 8.9 before it caught fire. So sad to watch :( But glad hes ok.

Any one find out what happened? That sucks man. I was just watching the YouTube videos of that car the other day.

My daughter seen all the smoke and wants to know if the driver is ok. Can anyone confirm this for me?

That's Jeff halfway in the car with no helmet or fire jacket so that's probably a bit after it happened. I'm guessing he's okay. Sucks to see that happen to anybody, let alone one of my local PNW guys. :(

I will clear this up a bit since I'm a crew guy for the car...

The car went 8.9@159 on its first pass and during the coasting after Jeff heard a big BOOM and suddenly he had flames in his face. We are near positive it was a loose AN fitting on the mechanical fuel pump that was ignited by the hot exhaust directly below it. How/why it was loose is unknown. The motor is fine, everything is just a little charred and just needs to be cleaned up. It looks a lot worse than it is.

The turbo will go back to FP, the hood, front bumper, and fender will be replaced and everything will be cleaned up really good. Unfortunate that it happened way out here but it happens. The car will be back! Don't worry!

I will clear this up a bit since I'm a crew guy for the car...

The car went 8.9@159 on its first pass and during the coasting after Jeff heard a big BOOM and suddenly he had flames in his face. We are near positive it was a loose AN fitting on the mechanical fuel pump that was ignited by the hot exhaust directly below it. How/why it was loose is unknown. The motor is fine, everything is just a little charred and just needs to be cleaned up. It looks a lot worse than it is.

The turbo will go back to FP, the hood, front bumper, and fender will be replaced and everything will be cleaned up really good. Unfortunate that it happened way out here but it happens. The car will be back! Don't worry!

Thanks for clearing it up, Mike. Sad to see but glad to hear it's not as bad as it looks.

Everyone was so bummed to see/hear what happened with Jeff's car, I'm sure it would have put on a great show tomorrow out there. Glad there's nothing that you guys can't get sorted out though, here's to a speedy recovery. Really nice to meet you guys by the way, good to put a face to a name.

Hey guys, here are photos from today's action at the Shootout.

There are about 150 new photos added from today in addition to the 80 from yesterday so check them all out to try and find photos of your car and your friend's cars at Fuel Injector Clinic | Facebook

I'll post some of my shots here as well...

Tom Dorris' DSM
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

4G63 powered "SLR"

STM Ricer

There are about 150 new photos added from today in addition to the 80 from yesterday so check them all out to try and find photos of your car and your friend's cars at Fuel Injector Clinic | Facebook

Do you guys have a higher resolution of this one?

Do you guys have a higher resolution of this one?

It depends what kind of injectors you run... LOL :).

Yeah we can hook you up... email [email protected] with a link to the photo and I'll send you a high res version later this week. Nice launch!

Glad to see jeff was ok, that car was one of the faster ones last year. And what VR4 do I see on the track there?

How is the turnout compared to years past. I was there yesterday for my first time and would have thought more vendors would be there.

Glad to see Jeff is okay! Ive seen this damn car catch fire at BOTI a few years back, this car is in love with catcing fire!

First it was oil from the dipstick, and now an AN line, much be more frustrating than anything!

Nice to see out PNW guys out there doin' it big! Good luck to the rest of ER!

So my exhaust hanger broke and it looks like I lifted the front tire of the ground. Awesome picture.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back