The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink 1st start, then no start [SD]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

projekt1

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 21, 2006
NorCal, California
Everything I've read has not helped. Even this thread/ writeup http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tun...uning-engine-management/arti...nk-no-maf.html.

The last tune I had was with Speed Density (GM MAF still in UICP) but without the IAT sensor. The log with 35r at the end is with Lucas' tune.

When I put her back together on Wed she did start a few time. During those times I played around with the settings and VE table. Let it sit for another two days thinking she was good to go (until another tune) then last night when I wanted to take a test drive, she just wouldn't start.

Thinking that the plugs were soaked in fuel I switched them out with some I had laying around, still no start.

I have the ECMLink SD harness to a GM IAT and GM MAP.

I don't think it has anything to do with my settings but please let me know if there is.

<del>My WB is wired up however, I currently do not have a WB sensor connected to the actual MTX-L gauge because I think it might be bad. [Separate thread] I have two new sensors for the MTX-L, when I try to calibrate each sensor I get error code 5 instead of "cal" during step 3.. Seems a little strange that this happens with both new sensors. I already emailed Innovative just waiting on a response</del> Fixed. I originally had it wired to pin 16 (Baro) so switched it to pin 15 (Egr).

Attached are the last 5 logs I took. Some are logs of trying to keep her running. The others are with the car off. They're all pretty much the same.

Please let me know what else I can do as I'm already looking for a ride to work:coy:

Attachments

• log.2012.11.25-10.elg
    22.1 KB · Views: 53
  • log.2012.11.25-11.elg
    10.5 KB · Views: 41
  • log.2012.11.25-12.elg
    12.1 KB · Views: 38
  • log.2012.11.25-13.elg
    8.1 KB · Views: 44
  • log.2012.11.25-14.elg
    13.4 KB · Views: 45
  • log.2012.11.25-15.elg
    15.3 KB · Views: 47
  • log.2011.05.30-01-35r.elg
    236.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Got the car to run but runs like complete ass now. Any ideas

Attachments

• log.2012.11.27-01.elg
    8.3 KB · Views: 43
  • log.2012.11.27-04.elg
    16.9 KB · Views: 40
Got the car to run but runs like complete ass now. Any ideas

Taking a quick look at your setting in the ECU Inputs Tab

You will see a couple things first off you shouldn't be locking the Intake temp and Baro the Ecu's sees if you are not running a GM Maf anymore.

Second,
You have your Map sensor being looged on the input for the Baro

BUT you are telling Ecmlink to look at it on the Intake temp input.

This would be a good point to start. Double check that all your wiring has continuity to the proper inputs and assign them properly and you should be able to get some where a bit quicker. (with the Ecmlink Sd cable the Map should be on the Baro and Ait on the Intake temp assuming your wiring is all intake an stock)

Might note as well that you had a Map logging in the previous tune but that is a GM maf tune

Right now, If you goto the SD tab and click on "track datalog". You will see the Ecu isn't to happy ;) (as well this is where you would be making adjustment to the tune with SD not the MAf comp table I'm sure you know this but being that the Maf comp table has various changes in the different logs it was something to note)

EDIT:
I attached a screenshot(of your last logs settings) to make things that much more simple :)

Attachments

• items.jpg
    items.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 88
Thanks MY1GDSM

1. Corrected
2. Corrected

Yea I just hadnt reset the sliders yet, actually I have like a million times and hit save but they come back LOL.

Hows this log?

Attachments

• log.2012.11.27-21.elg
    22.6 KB · Views: 45
Looks like it's running on SD now and need a tune... You are pretty rich FYI.
Might want to pull some fuel out and maybe lower your Deadtime a bit.

Otherwise it would just be a matter of building a VE table for your setup and getting it tuned and you should be good.

Also If you have a AIT there is no need to have the SD Temp Weighting Zero'd out like you do right now at least reset that to the stock values.

As well Take note that you have the Stock 1g timing maps loaded they can be a bit aggressive. Even more so if you are only able to get piss 91 down there.

Looks like it's running on SD now and need a tune... You are pretty rich FYI.

Yea I know:coy:, at idle I should be at around 16-17 a/f right? How do I keep idle from running rich when making these adjustments? When my airflowperrev is at .26 and combinedft at 0% the afr is always rich.

Might want to pull some fuel out and maybe lower your Deadtime a bit. Otherwise it would just be a matter of building a VE table for your setup and getting it tuned and you should be good.

So which is better? I changed some numbers in the VE table but also made adjustments to injectors (fuel and deatime).Should I load a fresh VE table again and just go with globals or set the globals to what's recommended (PTE880=-45, 420) and tinker with table? Stick with the changes in table or globals?

^Edit^: I just did some more reading and realized I have to do both, starting with deadtime then VE table and going back n forth, correct?

Also If you have a AIT there is no need to have the SD Temp Weighting Zero'd out like you do right now at least reset that to the stock values.

Where is that at so I can correct it?

As well Take note that you have the Stock 1g timing maps loaded they can be a bit aggressive. Even more so if you are only able to get piss 91 down there.

I thought I loaded the Evo8 mod1 maps., Ill do it again. It seems that not everything I save is saving or I'm not doing it right somehow.

Attached is a log with recommended globals in place.
Edit^^: 2nd Log is with adjustments to both global deadtime and VE table. I think I'm close...

WB is off by +-.7

Please let me know what you recommend:thumb:

Attachments

• log.2012.11.30-03.elg
    82.9 KB · Views: 43
  • log.2012.11.30-04.elg
    56.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back