The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1g TCU - AWD or FWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

booosting92tsi

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 1, 2004
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I might have to buy a new TCU for my 1992 eagle talon tsi fwd.

The part number for my TCU is MD750093, will a TCU from an AWD car of the same year work on my car???

The reason I'm asking is that 1g FWD cars have a F4A33-1 Auto Tranny in them and the AWD cars have a W4A33-1 auto tranny.

Are TCU's compatible between FWD and AWD?
:talon: :talon: :talon: :talon: :talon:

They have different part numbers but I suspect that's different code inside.

The FWD used either MD750093 (91-92) or MD754075 (93-94)
The AWD used either MD750092 (91-92) or MD754076 (93-94)

The final gear ratio is different between the FWD and AWD trans among other things what would effect the TCU coding.

I think you asked me yesterday about reading TCU codes and I incorrectly told you to read the code off pin 11 in the DLC. The correct pin is 6 (top right) the ECU codes come from pin 1 (top left).

Steve

steve said:
I think you asked me yesterday about reading TCU codes and I incorrectly told you to read the code off pin 11 in the DLC. The correct pin is 6 (top right) the ECU codes come from pin 1 (top left). Steve

Is it still possible for my TCU to be bad (blown, fried, fishy smell, etc) even if it gives out short pulses (normal state) when trying to retreive error codes?? I have no error codes reported, only short pulses. I'm in LIMP MODE right now :barf:

:talon: :talon: :talon: :talon: :talon:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back