The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G running rich.... cant lean it out

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techghost

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 8, 2009
Karachi, Asia
Guys,

I have a '90 colt swap with a AWD 4g63t.... recently got my injectors cleaned up (i have 510cc Yellow tops with DSM Link). i'm running a BOSCH 044 and i'm back to stock FPR (previously i was on AEROMOTIVE).

Even though i have my global setting set at -17% with 180 deadtime (i've also tried 100) but i still see 12/13s on my LC1WB. i believe the global setting should've been -13% for a 510cc.

and when i boost the afr goes down to 9.5/9.4 with is quite rich, i'm confused even though i'm at -17% global i still see 9.4/9.5afr at 10psi boost.

What to do?

Regards

You are better off using the aeromotive fpr (silicone or tape the thread)
The std fpr can't control the bosch 44 presure
Is your 02 sensor tip too far out from the exh flow ? Or is it a std dump ?
The closer you put the 02 into the flow, the leaner the ecu will make it.
Cheers !

as for O2 its on the stock position.

LC1WB sensor sits around 6/8 inches below the stock O2.

Yes!! i'm at -17% global and i'm still running rich. let me put up my aeromotive back and see if the AFR gets better.

BTW.... my car reaches 7.5k slowly after 5k, i hardly gets upto limiter. is 9.5afr that rich?

Way too rich. 11-11.5 is safe.
You do have a fuel pres gauge hey ?
40psi with the vac off & holding it, will do the 510s in a manual
Cheers !

Just replaced stock with my aeromotive back :D.
without vaccum its 38psi.
let me do a quick run and update u guys.

any suggestion on the high RPM issue? is it because of car running at 9.5(rich)?

Definately the 9.5 slows down the taco.
Nice & cool, but too much fuel also means too much exh left in the port.
That causes a polluted following charge.
Cheers !

The 510's have practically the same deadtime as 450's, so don't add any deadtime, especially if you are already overrunning the FPR at idle.
keydiver

I was amazed to know that even with 9.5afr my car is not blowing black smoke. Any reason for that?
What does a higher deat-time do? Shall I keep it 0.

Attached is my first log, i could see 10psi on my boost gauge. FP was set at 38psi (without vaccum connected) on aeromotive FPR. B16g, FMIC, 1g VR4_RS engine, 1g BOV, LC1WB and 510cc.

need your advice guys to tune my car.... i've had serious issues in past :mad: with this car and finally i'm able to run it better somehow. appreciate if DSM experts can help me tune it to the most :)

Attachments

• run07052009-29(Best and current).dat
    43.6 KB · Views: 37
@DSM1g90
Very true... finally i'm able to get the car run better. attached was my last log.

Some injectors take longer to open and close than others. Typically the larger the injector the longer the risetime, or deadtime. This mainly affects the AFR at idle and light cruising, where the injector pulsewidth is very small. At 14.1 volts the 510cc injectors have 48uS more deadtime than stock 1G 450's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back