The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1g replacement carpet, any bought it yet ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yep, I have. Shipping was great but came rolled up and was a PITA to get to sit flat. Save your old carpet and lay it down over the new carpet. Trust me this will make things A LOT easier.

Some quick pictures: Electronics are a lot cleaner now btw.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I always put the carpet in the sun for about 2 hours and it lays flat with no problems.

Yep, I have. Shipping was great but came rolled up and was a PITA to get to sit flat. Save your old carpet and lay it down over the new carpet. Trust me this will make things A LOT easier.

Some quick pictures: Electronics are a lot cleaner now btw.

Nice laptop mount. Does it just slide out?

Defiant is talking about how high the brake handle is. Mine only goes like half that high.

I don't know if your against ebay or not but there is a vendor on there with a 90-05 eclipse carpet (thats if the carpet size has never changed which seems fishy) in 20 sum different colors including several neon ones for $114 BIN plus $14.95 s&h. The item number is 300258542770. I never bought this item but I came across when searching for other parts.

Nice laptop mount. Does it just slide out?

Defiant is talking about how high the brake handle is. Mine only goes like half that high.

Yea it's two keyboard tray sliders, plexiglass and mounts. It snaps into place so it's not all sliding back and forth while driving. Once I get my interior complete I'll make a write up.

I got a replacement for my 2G. Does putting it in the sun sireously make it sit flat??

Need to do this as well.

That laptop mount looks awsome!

I wanted to configure one in the glove box as well, only allowing the glovebox face to still be there to be able to hige the laptop.

Pretty clean!

WELL i have none of that i have no dash or anything all i have is me a seat a shifter some gauges and the pedals

the non necessary stuff is not there so i dont know if you guys want to see it i mean i am thinking about putting my dash back in but i dont know

what you guys think

i like it because that metal bar going across the front looks nice but it would hurt if i wrecked so i

want some opinions

WELL i have none of that i have no dash or anything all i have is me a seat a shifter some gauges and the pedals

the non necessary stuff is not there so i dont know if you guys want to see it i mean i am thinking about putting my dash back in but i dont know

what you guys think

i like it because that metal bar going across the front looks nice but it would hurt if i wrecked so i

want some opinions

No pics

Need to do this as well.

That laptop mount looks awsome!

I wanted to configure one in the glove box as well, only allowing the glovebox face to still be there to be able to hige the laptop.

Pretty clean!

Thanks, it looks better now that there are no wires hanging down. It's very tight on both the sides and under the dash. Depending on what size computer you have it would probably be very tough to integrate the glove box in there.

Looks like I'll have to take some pics earlier then expected. :dsm:

Yes it does make it lay flat and it is even what they say to do in the directions. I even use a steam or heat gun when I install carpet in the winter months.

So would a basic hair dryer be hot enough or should I try the heat gun method? I'm just afraid of melting it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back