The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1g N/t head on 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxracing4500

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 21, 2012
Europe
I know the swap from 6 bolt to 7 bolt heads are possible but what about the 1g N/T? just need an informative answer because there are a few at the junkyard and even IF I could use it just as a core I would be fine.

would the valves be any good or just replace?

Yes The 1g and 2g heads are the same, turbo and NT.

All have the same valve springs, the NT springs seem not to be as worn out as the turbo.

All use the same size 6T valves.

On the NT 1g heads the head has the oil feed port for the turbo, it has a bolt in it to block it off.

Now you will need the therm housing and intake for the 1g since it has the larger intake runner ports.

If you have the cam sensor behind the intake cam gear on your 2g, the 1g head will not have the sensor mounting holes.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back