The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1g n/t head on a 1g t?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gobeli67

15+ Year Contributor
May 31, 2006
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Will a 1g n/t head fit on my 1g turbo block. I know the only differences between the engines is the n/t doesnt have oil squirters. Would this cause problems if I tried to put this on my block or are the heads the same?

There is its just plugged, I already looked. Im just wondering that since the n/t engine doesnt have oil squirters is the n/t head any different from a 1g turbo head.

Ok ### i scored a head for free from my buddy that im gonna have sent out to be ported way out and slap a 272 combo in it. How off is the compression from the n/t?

Porting shouldn't be necessary on a 1G head. Maybe some cleaning up of the passages, but I wouldn't go beyond a set of oversize exhaust valves for a bit more top end. Don't fall into the trap that bigger ports = more power. If not done right, you'll have an engine that is peaky with a narrow powerband.

Don't worry about it, compression has nothing to do with the head, only the block.

im new to DSMs, but combustion chamber size has everything to do with compression. Am i to assume that the combusiton chamber is identicle on N/A and turbo heads then?

im new to DSMs, but combustion chamber size has everything to do with compression. Am i to assume that the combusiton chamber is identicle on N/A and turbo heads then?
I think it's already been made clear that they are identical, the difference in compression comes from the pistons.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back