The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1g head purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFatch1890

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 31, 2008
Stratford, New_Jersey
Other then thedsmgraveyard cause there out of stock of 1g heads.Does anyone know where i can pick up a head off a company.I don't want to buy one off of anyone I wanna grab one from a company that will back it.The last time i ended up with a cracked head from someone and they screwed me over cause it was worthless.I just took my head off today cause its been smoking like crazy and i was going to replace my valve seals and i rebuilt the turbo and all so i knew it wasn't that,And in the process i found a small crack in the head and cracks around the studs.Stupid pos LOL If anyone knows where i can pick one up for a good price i would appreciate the info.
Thanks

A good price whats a good price, a rebuilt head even here for me is around 400 dollars. Take it to a shop and have it rebuilt.

Well, your best bet would be to take your to a machine shop and have it rebuilt (if it was good...sounds like yours isn't). At retail cost most shops can do a mitsu head for about 400 bucks (that's the ranges around here anyway from 4 to 450 to go over it compltely)

Online you can get like new heads from some of the bigger mitsu motor building shops, but expect to pay up to and over a thousand bucks depending on the options you choose as far as valves, porting etc...

That's the most common issue with buying used cylinder heads..you never know if they're anygood until you've had them tested/magnafluxed etc.. You can always look at them closely before buying and take a straight edge with you to make sure the gasket surface is not warped, but theres so much that can be wrong that you can't see with the naked eye that you are better to buy from a reputable company or have your rebuilt locally by a reputable machinist.

Do you have pics of the cracks you're talking about in your head? sounds like something i've never seen, and i'm interested in seeing them.

EDIT: Contact Unitex Trading corp in TX. I've bought from them before and everything was good with a 6 month warranty. The motor that just came out of my car was from them,.. also i got a ported and built head on the JDM motor i bought..come to find out it evenhad good valve springs in it, the mahcinist is repairing a damaged cam journal on it right now, but had i discovered it back when i bought thte engine they would have covered it under warranty...they really area a good company
http://www.unitextrading.com/

Here's another company I/we use to broker heads from for customers when i was in the auto parts biz... another great place, good services, good warranty
Untitled Document

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back