The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1G 1G front camber adjustment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had camber bolts on my STX autocross car with 245/40/17 hankook RS-3 tires back in 2015 (2015 compound) at stock weight and they spun all the time. I would recommend slotting the upper strut mount and then welding it to prevent sliding. Otherwise you could get eccentric bushings for the lower control arm but that would limit your ability to increase caster. Also the toe changes at approximately a 1:1 ratio with camber so you'll need to adjust toe as you adjust camber. For me I was running 3.5 degrees of camber up front and had to cut the tie rods a little shorter to get the adjustment I wanted. That's like, a pretty extreme set up though. I actually was probably running too much front toe out anyways. I think I was at 3/16" or 1/4" at one point. My final solution was to weld together some custom control arms but unfortunately I went too aggressive on caster and the axles kept popping out. Haven't got around to modifying them for a bit of a compromise but by far that's the best solution combined with camber plates as you can get 7 degrees of caster. From the factory it's like 1.5 or 2 degrees.

No, but it was back when I worked at whiteline. The whiteline camber bolts are made by SPC. I think most companies that sell camber bolts just rebrand the SPC camber bolts. In any event, I believe the SPC bolts are M8 and the stock botls are M10? So you can have + or - 1mm of adjustment. An M8 bolt just can't provide enough clamping force for the cornering loads. Also, those bent washer things don't do jack. This is what they looked like:

https://cdn10.bigcommerce.com/s-37z...ber_bolts__13144.1452186184.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

No, but it was back when I worked at whiteline. The whiteline camber bolts are made by SPC. I think most companies that sell camber bolts just rebrand the SPC camber bolts. In any event, I believe the SPC bolts are M8 and the stock botls are M10? So you can have + or - 1mm of adjustment. An M8 bolt just can't provide enough clamping force for the cornering loads. Also, those bent washer things don't do jack. This is what they looked like:

https://cdn10.bigcommerce.com/s-37z...ber_bolts__13144.1452186184.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
I have a set of those and want to try them, but my 1G is just a roller. So you were having an issue with them coming loose and rolling out of position?

They probably rolled after the first or second corner of every run. I'd say they're completely useless for racing purposes.

They probably rolled after the first or second corner of every run. I'd say they're completely useless for racing purposes.

So perhaps safety wiring them might fix this...

Yes, that is one option. They don't come pre-drilled so you'd need to do that. I'd recommend some fairly heavy duty safety wire though. Although frankly I'd really just recommend slotting/welding your struts. I have access to a welder and die grinder though so that's an easy option for me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back