1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1G Rear camber adjustment with LCA ok?

Posted by GSX_Dan, Jul 13, 2020

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. GSX_Dan

GSX_Dan Proven Member

Joined Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    So I'm wondering if there are downsides to adjusting camber with LCA instead of the conventional uppers, on a drag car. #1 it pulls the wheel in at the bottom and doesn't push it out at the too near the sheet metal where a wide tyre can rub. #2 I don't have to deal with the rusted out eccentric bolt. #3 weight loss is more 3.9lb vs 1.3

They are the same price please help me decide.

2. bastarddsm

bastarddsm Proven Member

Joined Aug 26, 2003
    Mendota, Illinois
    I have shortened my lowers 1/4" or so. Been like that 10yrs. Just make sure you don't go too far and let the rear axles bottom out in the cups.

Showcar Build 6K  1

1991 Eagle Talon N/T
    9.805 @ 144.00 · 1G DSM
    GSX_Dan likes this.
  3. GSX_Dan

GSX_Dan Proven Member

Joined Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    Would you say there's enough room to adjust the camber to 0 for a drag setup? I know what you mean about bottoming out axles, with a lot of camber and squat they'll definitely rumble and I assume that's from bottoming.

4. bastarddsm

bastarddsm Proven Member

Joined Aug 26, 2003
    Mendota, Illinois
    I'm not sure, It was a LONG time ago I did it, but it depends on how low your car is. Mine isn't super low, but isn't a monster truck. it has minimal camber static, but has quite a bit at launch. Depending on what you have going on power/tire/driveline wise some camber might not be bad. To much hook on the rear can break stuff.

Showcar Build 6K  1

1991 Eagle Talon N/T
    9.805 @ 144.00 · 1G DSM