The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1995 Eagle Talon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talon_Goddess

Probationary Member
Aug 22, 2003
West_VirginiaUS
Ok..I have been reading and searching all day, so I finally decided to post. I had a 1998 Eclipse, manual trans. all stock except for the clear taillights, and I traded it for a 1995 Eagle Talon, automatic, all stock. No, it wasn't even...she paid boot....anyway, the eclipse drove like a dream. It was in excellent shape. When I first drove the Eagle, it seemed to be in just as good shape. This was two days ago. Now...it has absolutely NO go-go juice. It feels like it's tied to a 100 ton anchor whenever I try to accelerate. And, it has a terrible miss when idiling. I have no idea what to do now. I love this car, and I really want to fix it. Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem? Also, if anyone knows where to get some diagrams of how the vacuum hoses and everything should be, I'd really appreciate that too.
I hope I haven't asked repetative questions, but I've searched all day, and I came up with nothing. Any..ANY help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance!!

Typically, when there are problems with a decrease in performance it is one of three things... Air, Fuel, or Spark.

A rapid change like that? I'd check your plugs and wires. Make sure the plugs are not foul, and that your wires look good. I had the same trouble happen to me once, and as it turned out my CYL #1 plug wire was grounding out on the valve cover (ugh! )! Inspect them all, make sure everything is in good shape. Take the wires off and look back into the boots, make sure that the contacts in there look nice, maybe use some dialectric (I think that is what it is called..) grease in there too.

Fuel? Well, my car runs like ass on anything but 92 octane. What are you putting in yours? Maybe the previous owner only put 92 in it, and you put 89? Check the fuel filter, make sure it is in good shape (It is located on the back firewall, passenger side).

Air... make sure your air filter is clean... and that there are no nipples without hoses attached to them. Conversely, make sure there are no hoses that arent attached to anything.

Most likely it is a spark issue, not one of the other two... but hey, who knows? These are fickle cars...

Hope that helps.

--Scott

Thanks for the replies!! Yea, it has a diagram under the hood, but its kinda hard to make out. All I know for sure is that I love this car, and I'll do whatever it takes to fix it and keep it. I'd love to find the diagrams for the wiring and all the hoses online somewhere so I could download them. I guess I'll have to shell out the $20 for the book.....O well...:talon:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back