The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1992 Dodge stealth, with bad ECU

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islhopr

Probationary Member
Jun 19, 2019
Modesto, California
I can find a lot of used ECU's with same model number, but they are for an automatic tranny, I have a manual, are they interchangable ?

Which year/version Stealth.

The DOHC ECUs tended to be the same MT or AT but different Federal vs California.

I don't have all the SOHC numbers from the base cars but here's what I know. http://simon.chi.il.us/ECU/ECUID.html

1992 Dodge stealth RT DOHC, Manual - non turbo, with Federal Emissions. Even though I live in Calif car was bought out of state with federal

1992 Z11A = MD159963 If I remember correctly (the 91 and 92 model year used the same ECU)
I don't remember swapping ECUs when I converted my sons 91 from AT to MT, just pulling the TCU and rewiring a bit.

I have a Stealth ECU, can't remember what year. Got it in a bunch of parts I bought. What part number is the OP's ECU? I can check mine when I get home.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back