The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G stock boost gauge doesnt move, bad ecu?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6damian6

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 26, 2002
L.I.T.H., Illinois
Im trying to diagnose a no start on a 1g , When you turn the key all the way to the right the cel comes on and then turns off like normal but the stock boost gauge doesn't rise to "0".

Bad ecu im guessing?

I'm just about 100% sure it's a bad ECU. When my ECU in my 1G went up in smokes, literally, (was driving and smoke started pouring out from behind the radio), afterwards I when trying to start it, I noticed the boost gauge needle wouldn't rise to 0 when you turn the key to position 2. I replaced the ECU and that fixed the no start issue.

Thanks for the replies guys:thumb:

I replaced the ecu with another and it did rise to "0" So obviously something is up with the original ecu, though......:rolleyes: , still no start , replaced mpi relay , still no start

Diagnosed no fuel pump + , ran jumper , still no start LOL:aha:,

Pulled fuel return line , no fuel coming out

Pulled 19mm banjo bolt, fuel barely pouring on when fuel pump switched on.

Tomorrow going to throw in a brand new 255 and fuel filter:beatentodeath: Hopefully that solves it, and for shits and giggles ill try the original ecu to see if it starts the car, PO claimed he got the car to run, i dont believe him:idontknow:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back