The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 1990 ecu i believe went bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosted DSM 32

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 21, 2011
McDonald, Ohio
Well i believe that my ecu went bad in my car the wiring harness was all cut up in my car and i believe it maybe shorted out the ecu. As soon as you plug the ecu in the fuel pump and the box under the dash by the ecu (cant think of the name of it) both go crazy and the car wont start. I pulled the ecu and all the caps look fine and nothing looks blown, is it possible that the ecu is still bad? Also i cant get my dsmlink to connect to it anymore.

I have my stock 90 non eprom that i plug in and it doesnt go crazy and the car will fire up no problem. Is there somewhere i can send the bad eprom ecu to get fixed or is it complete junk? Also i know i can send my non eprom in to be converted but i would like to fix my bad eprom if thats possible because i believe it would be cheaper.

Also if anyone has a 90 eprom they are looking to get rid of please message me and we can talk, i have parts that i could trade as well.

Edit: This happened last year too when i bought my link it came with a bad ecu and the pump and box did the same thing. And as soon as i put another ecu in or my stock one the car would have no issues

They can I got mine with a chip installed be prepared to follow the link to ship them its really easy. I had the non eprom conversion when I got link, a real good deal years ago from a vendor.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back