The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 1990 DSM AWD Throttle position sensor problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMPORTIMAGE

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 26, 2005
Ft. Myers, Florida
Hello,

I know this has been covered before, but I also know that the 1990 awd turbo throttle body is year specific.

Driving my car home last night, the car was cutting out, it felt a lot like it was misfiring and was very unhappy. This took place at any rpm range, randomly, both in and out of boost.

My palm pilot was dead, charged it up and check it out today. The error is the Throttle Position Sensor. I am a newbie, who lacks mechanical ability. The car is a 16 year old car, so I'd figure it is dead.

On my SAFC, the throttle position % displays zero all the time unless i hit a bump. Hmmm. I am looking for suggestions on how I can resolve this problem. Thank you for your time, all suggestions are appreciated!

Josh

Last edited by a moderator:
Take out the tps and inspect it. You can do a sweep test on it, should go smoothly from 0v-.5v i belive. From the sounds of it, you hitting a bump and getting a reading, it might just be a bad connection.

alright im going to have my friend check out the wiring..that could be it.

the barometric pressure sensor error came up as well...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back