The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Throttle Position Sensor Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries-DSM

Probationary Member
Jul 28, 2012
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Okay so I bought a 2g talon about a month ago that had a few problems, this being my first DSM. One of which being an idle problem, it would start idling at like 3-4k after driving it for a little while. I couldn't figure out why it was idling high(messed with BISS, etc.) so I took it to a mechanic and had them check it out. A code for the throttle position sensor came up, and they are charging a fortune to replace it so I plan on doing it myself. I just want to be sure I have the location of the sensor right.

This is where I think it is:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Is that right?

Also, the plug for the sensor doesn't fit snug because the plastic clip that holds it in is broken, could this be causing the code to come up?

Thanks in advance, I'm a newbie to this stuff so sorry if this seems like a dumb question.

Yea thats the TPS. Could just be coming loose I guess, causing the code. Might not be why your idling so high though. Either way you can take it off and test it. Pretty easy to do with a volt meter

Test it with a multimeter before replacing it. You could easily have an issue with the wiring and not the sensor itself.

When my plug was loose I was having stalling issues. I think it would be a good idea to either solder in a good plug and use the locking clip or zip tie your current plug.

Do test it first, check resistance between pins 1 and 4. Should Read between 3.5 to 6.5k ohms IIRC.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back