The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G throttle position sensor question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spln_Hrd

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 20, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska
i know what it does and how it works, but if it went bad what would it do to the way the car runs because i think mine is bad. how do i install a new one because i know they are adjustable(how do i adjust it right). and i know it would put on a cel but i have one on already for no cat and i don't have anything to check my codes.

pretty much all i need to know is how it would affect the car

Shouldn't hurt it at all really. There are many people who have done the 6bolt motor in the 2g who simply unplug the sensor to avoid the dreaded misfire. If their cars are fine, i would imagine yours will be too. As for installing a new one, if you look on the sensor itself, there are two screws holding it in. There should be white paint on the screw and on the sensor that marks where the screw should be placed relative to the sensor. If there isn't then simply mark them with white out.

I have an auto and when my sensor went bead my check engine light would come on about 10min after i would start driving. Then when the light would come on it would start shifting at the wrong times(either to late or to early)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back