1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1G 1990 cruise control actuator issue

Posted by sakroda, Aug 9, 2020

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. sakroda

sakroda Proven Member

Joined May 3, 2016
    İstanbul, Europe
    Hello
    I bought 1990 CC system with throttle cable but actuator harness socket is removed before i bought it so I made a new male socket then i plugged it to my car but i could not engage with the system.No green light and i could not see orange light on the column switch after then speedometer is gone:) after unplugged the CC socket, speedometer is came back again but i want you to know one issue before i bought 1990 CC I had 1991 vacuum system it worked very well i saw green light and orange light but 1991 system did not work very well because CC increas the speed all the time:) but when i the press the clutch or break pedal, it s was deactivating...Please have a look the my video..What went wrong?

Hi
    Today I plugged the everything and it worked fine but It worked on my 35th try..I turn the column switch for CC so light on and it goes suddenly and i see light orange bulb.. it does not engage every time i try:( maybe it s about speedometer reed..Do you have an idea about this issue? i will try with diagnostic

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2020
    SouthIndy_Talon and ThunderChild like this.
  2. SouthIndy_Talon

SouthIndy_Talon Proven Member

Joined Jul 1, 2014
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Please keep us posted if you are able to figure this out at all. Mine has been doing the same for years. Light comes on the stalk, but immediately goes back out again.

Street Build 913  1

1990 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM
  3. sakroda

sakroda Proven Member

Joined May 3, 2016
    İstanbul, Europe
    my friend bought a used column switch and problem is solved maybe our problem is it

1990TSIAWDTALON likes this.