The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

14b to 20g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20Gturbo

Probationary Member
Jul 15, 2004
Miami, Florida
i was wondering how much money does it cost up grade a 14b or 16 g to a 20g and who can do it in miami ?

youlld need alot more fuel support for a 20g and even a 16g. so that alone 1000$, 20g cost 800$

Look through the parts catalog from the main page for some general prices. Injectors, fuel pump, fuel management, exhaust upgrade, then your turbo. Not cheap if you're doing it all in one step.

filling out your veh profile would help -alot.

because, if you're stock, and you're even considering a 20g, you're a long ways away. do you even have an aftermarket boost gauge?

the car has a 255 fuel pump 550's,afc,2g afm, 16g,and 3inch turbo back exhaust
i was told i can up grade a 14b or 16g into a 20g for $450 but wasent told were. also a local shop wants to charge me 1000 dollars to do the up grade on my 16g

With what you have it should be a bolt on affair changing from the 16G to 20G assuming both turbos are internally gated. An hour give or take a bit for a time frame, a shop isn't required.

He is asking if it is possible to convert his current 16g to a 20g, not upgrade from a 16g turbo to a 20g turbo. he wants to use the turbo he has already and change the wheels.

call forced performance, that's the best advice i can give you.

The answer is yes you can. You will need a 20G Compressor housing and of course a 20G wheel. You might also need a new thrust bearing spacer or whatever it's called. I know the 16G and 14B's are different as the 16G is slightly concave or convex one of the two. (currently have hugh headache and can't think totally straight) FP can sell you all the parts you need. It would be best to either buy a used 20G or send your 14B to FP and have them rebuild it and balance it at the same time.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back