The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

14b problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slo2gen

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 26, 2005
Upstate, South_Carolina
I am in the process of putting a 14b on a friends GST and I can't seem to get the flanges on the return line to meet up to the turbo. I know that I have to file down some of the flange but this is a early 14b with the bolts closer together on the return. I am going to try taking the return line off again and mounting it on the turbo first and then running it to the pan but if that doesn't work I have thought about taking a machined fitting that I have to the return line and extending the line with 5/8ths heater hose and a couple worm gear clamps. How do you guys think this will work and has anyone else had this problem?

you need to elongate the holes so they are closer together. The 14b has holes that are closer then the t-25.

I have done that but the flange is not wanting to sit flush with the turbo. I have tried reclocking the turbo and it didn't help. There is also a freeze plug missing on the front coolant side. Where can I get a freeze plug at? I have tried a couple of shops but can't find one. Is it ok to run the coolant lines straight from inlet to outlet untill I can find one?

NM guys, I just looped the coolant lines untill I can find a freeze plug for the turbo. I was amazed first start up...NO leaks. :) Well I just thought I would update, and friend loves new turbo. He was thinking of selling the car but I think the boost bug combined with the DSM got him. He is not selling the car anymore. Thanks guys!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back