The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

10" Torque Converter Available For 1g Autos

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Car Cannibal

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 7, 2003
Chicago, Illinois
I've received a few PM's about this over the year and more recently so I figured I'd start a thread about it.

I've been running the Sinister Speed custom 10" 1G torque converter for over a year now with over 10k miles on it. It's a true bolt on and offers a high stall aside from maybe a Precision 9.5" which is no longer available to us.

Not sure if it's cool to post the email but here is where you get the details.

[email protected]

It's pretty cheap considering it's a custom converter and literally bolts on since it uses the stock converter backing plate (4 pad).

Good find..I hope to read more about them...

Don't wanna post too much but it's below $500 and above $400.

^haha, thanks man. I went ahead and emailed them too.

Thanks for the link.

No track passes yet, but HighPsi had to move my TCU shift point up due to it shifting lower than expected for a restall converter. That implies it was tighter than stock settings or his data vs other restall converters, didn't ask him.

What turbo are you running Cannibal ? Have you brake boosted it yet ?

I have local shop that restalled my converter tell me they could make a custom 9.5" billet converter for a little more than mentioned here.. Would use the internals they use on high performance chevy cobalt cars is what the guy told me. I might try and get one made this summer if my restalled converter is not enough.

I have a PTE61/52S in a T4 .68, I'll get 3000-3100 no problem with my Fp2's straight up and a JMF Racing Intake. I'm the only one with this converter and I don't dyno or track much at all to help with data. :coy:

I'm thinking of doing an electric dump since I still run the stock muffler to keep it stealthy, I know that will help spool down low since there's probably a 4psi difference in uncapped vs stock muffler. Probably end up with a Borla XS Pro which should free up around 2-3psi so I'll report back after I do the swap in April either way.

Cannibal, when your car is stopped, and you have your foot on the brake and your other foot slammed on the gas, counting 1 1000, 2 1000, 3 1000, 4 1000 , 5 1000 , ect, when does your car go into boost ? It should hit about 3-5 psi right away, but how many seconds till it goes beyond that and more ?

Last edited:
I have local shop that restalled my converter tell me they could make a custom 9.5" billet converter for a little more than mentioned here.. Would use the internals they use on high performance chevy cobalt cars is what the guy told me. I might try and get one made this summer if my restalled converter is not enough.

Any chance you can point me in that guys direction? The IPT restall isnt doin it for me anymore. I need something that will stall up higher and easier.

Is it abnormal that my Level10 PTS billet torque converter stalls up at 6200rpm when in high boost? (20psi) At 10psi it stalls at 4600.

Seems like a very high stall to me. But it just gives me an excuse to use the launch control on ECMLink.

Level 10 has a terrible reputation...

Level 10 has a terrible reputation...

Why do they have terrible reputation?

I got it with the car. It was a $1050 converter brand new. But it does its thing, and does it well...with launch control LOL. If i didn't have link I would spin through all of 1st gear.

With my setup, I'm seeing the launch like this.
By the time I say 3 seconds, it's already moving past 2psi (my boost gauge is kind of jacked up around 0psi for some reason, it's always stopped in the area under 0psi but will fly past it and move into + pressure). I'd suspect that by 2 seconds it's actually 0psi.

But if I had a dump and a T3 .63 housing I'd assume I'd be at least 1000rpm higher than I am now so it's all about the combo, mine isn't ideal right now for an Auto and I'm considering a PTE58/57BB.

All I can say is this, it's probably the best bang for the buck converter out there, it's looser down low and tighter up top than the 11". Can't comment on the Level 10 but $1100 was hard to swallow since I remember Precision offering the 1G for $675 in the early 2000's.

BTW, DSMTyson, I noticed you have a 14b, is that still on the car pushing that Level 10?
Jesus, that seems like a waste dude, you need to step up the hairdryer.

By the time I say 3 seconds, it's already moving past 2psi (my boost gauge is kind of jacked up around 0psi for some reason, it's always stopped in the area under 0psi but will fly past it and move into + pressure). I'd suspect that by 2 seconds it's actually 0psi.

But if I had a dump and a T3 .63 housing I'd assume I'd be at least 1000rpm higher than I am now so it's all about the combo, mine isn't ideal right now for an Auto and I'm considering a PTE58/57BB.

All I can say is this, it's probably the best bang for the buck converter out there, it's looser down low and tighter up top than the 11". Can't comment on the Level 10 but $1100 was hard to swallow since I remember Precision offering the 1G for $675 in the early 2000's.

BTW, DSMTyson, I noticed you have a 14b, is that still on the car pushing that Level 10?

So you're getting into boost and fully stalled up at a reasonable pace on a 2.0L with that T4 setup? Curious since I'm working on another auto car soon with a similar setup and was probably going this route for a converter.

LOL ROFL I know right!! I bought the car with the 14b on it. Though the car still managed to go an 11.89 on this 14b when the preivious owner had it :sneaky:(1badpurple).

I'm stepping up to a 20G for now until I build the motor. I'll have it in the next couple weeks. I'm shooting for ~400whp and high 11's on pump :aha:.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back