The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

1.6 head in a 1g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drooseph

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 4, 2010
san diego, California
I have just completed the swap and absolutely LOVE it.:D I found the head at a local yard for 60 dollars. The machine shop said it was mint and just to run it. I added BC 272 cams and arp head studs set at 110ft/lbs. I Highly recomend this swap if your doing a H/G replacement or need a new head. the 1.6 hyundai has 1g intake ports and the 1.8 have 2g ports, so double check if you get one. ps. this puts a stock 6bolt bottom end around 2g compression ratio and spools a large 16g nicely:thumb:

What was your reason for going over ARP's 90 ft/lbs torque setting on the head studs?

What is the casting number on the head?

For information
1.6L has small port like 2G head and 16 casting number
1.8L has big port like 1G head and 18 casting number

43cc volume chamber for both

You bump the CR to 8.3 with 7.8 : 1 piston

Same thing if you use 2G pistons, you increase the Compression Ratio to 8.5.

With only a 43cc head swap you obtain 8.3 CR and you keep your short bloc stock

4G63 head has 47cc volume chamber VS 43cc for the 1.6 or 1.8 head

For information
1.6L has small port like 2G head and 16 casting number
1.8L has big port like 1G head and 18 casting number

43cc volume chamber for both

You bump the CR to 8.3 with 7.8 : 1 piston

sorry bro bu this is incorrect. my head has a 16 casting number and 1g big ports on it. the port sizing depend on whether you fing the car an a mitsu or a hyundai. and about the head stud torque, i plan on running 25 psi when i hook up my cyclone manifold and dont want to take any chances.:pray:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back