The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

¿¿¿16psi on T25???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2GeNTSi

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 1, 2003
South Sac, California
I just finished installing my Autometer boost gauge today, yesterday I had my dad buy a t-fitting and connector then I went ahead and put the vacuum hose through an existing hole in the firewall. I teed it to the fule pressure regulator just like on Prostreetonline and today got some wires and used vampire clips to tap into the tailight.

After everything was finished I decided to go out and take it for a drive but first I let it warm up, once the car started it went to -10. I left my house and went on to a pretty open road and gave it a little throttle in 2nd gear and it went up to 14psi or so, so I was thinking that couldn't be right because I wasn't even at WOT. I drove slow to 7-Eleven (went to get some Sobe Green Tea) because I had low gas, and on the way back I went WOT for just a split second in 2nd gear again. I glanced at my gauge and it's pretty close to 20psi, I left off once I felt the tires just spinning and drove back home.

Now I don't have a MBC or any other sort of boost controller and I'm not sure if I'm getting boost spike or boost creep (whichever is the one where the boost climbs slowly after the set boost level) but what could be the problem :confused:.

Mods:
Dejontool 2 3/4 intake pipe (charcoal box and mbc nipple attached, breather filter on valve cover)
Dejontool Upper IC pipe w/ 1g bov and S pipe
ExtremePSi 3" Catback

One more thing, isn't the T25 only capable of holding about 16psi max?

im in the same boat, i have...
injen intake
apexi downpipe
thermal r&d exhaust
no cat
blitz bov
NO BOOST CONTROLLER

and in 2nd gear it will shoot right to about 18-19 psi.. i have been told its due to there being no back pressure due to exhaust that has little to no restriction.. get a boost controller. ..before you fry the little t25

i ordered mine. .

Originally posted by 2GeNTSi
got some wires and used vampire clips to tap into the tailight.
Better to tap the parking lights
I let it warm up, once the car started it went to -10.
You should be closer to 20
I left my house and went on to a pretty open road and gave it a little throttle in 2nd gear and it went up to 14psi or so, so I was thinking that couldn't be right because I wasn't even at WOT.
Boost can be load-dependant as well as throttle-dependant. At low speeds in second, you're right in the wheelhouse.
I drove slow to 7-Eleven (went to get some Sobe Green Tea)
Don't ever go to those places with a DSM, and stop drinking that poison
because I had low gas
And NEVER us 7-Eleven gas in a DSM!
One more thing, isn't the T25 only capable of holding about 16psi max?
It's only capable of _living_ with a 16psi max:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1095&highlight=t25

Originally posted by Defiant
B]And NEVER us 7-Eleven gas in a DSM!

LOL I don't put 7-Eleven gas in my car, I meant that I drove slow because I was low on gas, it was already showing the light for some time. I just went there to buy the drink. I used to got to Safeway because it was hella cheap, but that was when my car was stock and the prices were way up around $2.30 per gallon. Now I got to Chevron, I would go to 76 but the nearest one is like 5 miles away.

And yeah I drove it again last night to get gas and it was at -20 at idle instead of -10, I guess after it's warmed up? If that makes a difference..

I'm going to check if the BCS retrictor is still there, if not maybe I can use my bros that he took out of his 3000GT. How much boost would that free up? Maybe 2-3psi?

Oh yeah I also heard that it might be the gauge that is inaccurate, that Autometer isn't known for having the most accurate gauges. But I was reading some thread and some people have problems, some don't, maybe I'm just one of the unlucky ones.

Originally posted by 2GeNTSi
LOL I don't put 7-Eleven gas in my car, I meant that I drove slow because I was low on gas, it was already showing the light for some time. Now I got to Chevron, I would go to 76 but the nearest one is like 5 miles away.
Well, a big secret: it really doesn't matter. The less so in California. I used to work the refineries in the Bay Area, and all the tankers go to all the companies. The only difference we've had recently was when Tosco and Union 76 stopped using MTBE (which is specifically ays in our owner's manual to not use, good luck) as an additive.

As for your vac gauge suddenly reading correctly, I wonder if your tubing had a kink that has smoothed out. If there was a kink and your put vac on it, it could conceivably close down on the way to the gauge and give a falsely-low reading.

I think I might just buy a MBC with a hi and low setting, maybe the dejontool one that has a switch to mount in your cabin. I going to install my downpipe soon and I just need one more paycheck to buy my Greddy FMIC but I realized it's pointless for now, it's mainly for bling purposes. I might just buy my friends 14B for cheap, get a boost controller, his 550c's, and I think he said he has a 190 fuel pump he's willing to sell.

Try porting exhaust components to get rid of your boost creep issues.

*Remembers when this kind of stuff was common knowledge*

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back